Blogspot: ProfessorGator's Pokémon Ramblings

edited 2012-05-15 12:55:56 in Artistic Pursuits
One day a couple weeks ago, I decided to start a Pokémon blog to talk about what I think about the series and share random facts. I was surprised to find a few people who were interested, so I decided to make this thread to make access to new updates a little easier. It'll also serve as a place to make comments and suggestions, which are definitely welcome.

Here are the entries so far:

I'll try to make new updates on Tuesdays and Fridays, at least until I run out of things to talk about.

Comments

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    That reminds me:

Pokejapan has poisonous jellyfish, but as long as you avaid the tentacles and don't bother them, no problem. Heck, you could probably feed them with no problem!

Pokemerica? Undead jellyfish that feed on large prey such as humans and can easily drag you to an early grave if you don't have a Pokemon because a human isn't going to do shit to a Ghost type Pokemon

Makes me scared of what Pokestralia will have. Tiny, inch tall Poison/Ghost jellyfish with 255 base attack and a 999 base power move, with Huge Power?
  • edited 2012-05-15 18:36:04
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Heh. Everyone wants to see Pokéstralia just to see what kinds of crazy things will be there.

And I just realized there was a justifiable reason for why Kanto's different locations didn't stand out from each other as much: the Game Boy's technological limitations. Derp. Well, I can always either edit this newest post or address it in my next one.

SUPER LATE EDIT: Come to think of it, the whole opinion thing I wrote down for Kanto isn't quite accurate. I actually think of it better than I make it out to be; I'm not sure why I decided to emphasize its main weak point so much. Should I correct it, or would that be too dishonest?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Thanks, squid! CA actually gave me advice earlier that I probably should have thought of before. I've edited the post and put an update disclaimer at the bottom explaining the changes.

Sorry about that. I'll think my posts through more carefully from now on.
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Doublepost bump ahoy!

I meant to say this about the last entry, but sorry if the graphics are a little too sloppy. Apparently, when you add captions to pictures, they become inseparable from the text and can only be put in certain places. Any recommendations on how to make it look a little better?