Battletoads

edited 2012-05-14 06:16:40 in General Media
Did you guys know they made a TV pilot for that game?

I'm enjoying watching the annotated version.

Comments

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

EXPLODE MONITOR?

YES/NO

I've seen playthroughs of some of the games, though I haven't actually played any of them myself. I like the music a lot, though.

• The sadness will last forever.
    The pause music is pretty cool.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Retsupurae did a MST too.

• edited 2012-05-14 11:22:13
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    For an NES game, it sure seems to have a lot of sophistication and variety in terms of gameplay. I also kind of love the ways in which it uses stereotypical and generic retro game features, it's like the kind of game you would see as a pastiche of video games within another work.

I'm tempted to say that it's a shame that it's so horrendously difficult, but I guess that's really a major part of the charm in the first place.
  • edited 2012-05-14 12:07:03
  • edited 2012-05-14 12:09:17
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."

It's telling that people still find the NES game ridiculously hard even with an infinite lives cheat.

Clinger Winger looks the hardest out of all the stages to me.

• edited 2012-05-14 12:12:30
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    This is the series of videos that made me aware of what the game's layout is.