Open Mike Night with Central Avenue

edited 2011-08-01 15:58:47 in General
aka, the Vocaroo thread.

I'll go first:

Comments

• edited 2011-08-01 20:51:15
    8luh 8luh.
    effing em8ed

just click the damn thing it's stupid anyway and I can't figure out how to em8ed again

http://vocaroo.com/?media=vVrlBncGrG3S3eZkb
  • edited 2011-08-01 20:52:50
    8luh 8luh.
    yeah the <> paste Loid told me for youtu8e doesn't work how do you vocaroo em8ed.
  • I might post something if my microphone actually wants to work. Probably not though.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    CA, you have a good girl voice. I would consider this an insult if I said this to anybody else.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yay!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Well, you guys can have a little of me playing guitar. Warning: loud and distorted.

http://vocaroo.com/?media=vPXwh2DOfAdTEgRGf
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH!

I tried to record myself reading the Trash Heap Special, but that thing is hard to read out loud.
  • Y'all...or maybe we...oughta get a Teamspeak server if we wanna really go at this.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Go away, earworm:

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I didn't recognize that at all, for some reason.
    Fuck, now it's in my head too

I blame your sexy voice
  • edited 2011-08-28 01:19:35
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...I'm not sure whether or not you're being serious.
    ...I figured you'd say that.

It is stuck in my head now, but...y'know, it's hard to judge the sexiness of someone's voice from a short clip of humming.
    I recorded another, of me actually speaking.

I'm sure posting it would be shipping fuel.
    Why am I giggling at this exchange?
    Because you like teasing me?
    What can I say, teasing people is fun.
    You know I'm tempted to post it anyway.
    Why is my first thought always to say "DO IT"?
    Well, if you find this sexy:

(Not actually the same recording)
    NOT SPEECH:

..."Vivendi" is fun to say like this:

• I don't think I'm qualified to open Mike. I don't even have a medical degree.
  • I Hear nothing T_T
    ...I'm not familiar with what you're trying to imitate, but I thought that sounded pretty good on its own.
    ...turns out I used the wrong voice (his "First News" voice, not the late news voice):

why do i now want to go to colorado
    To see the mountains!
    You can have a breakthrough in the mountains!
    You can do a lot of things in the mountains!
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    AU: O_O I thought that was a WRC-TV clip at first, because they used the exact same NEWS4 banner back in the early 1990s.
  • edited 2012-01-16 15:53:40
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    They both got it from WNBC in New York, who started using it in 1992 and dropped it in 1995. KCNC-TV used some variation on that logo until 2003, years after they switched to CBS and their ex-siblings at NBC stopped using it. (KCNC was owned by NBC from 1986, when GE bought the network, until 1995, when it got dealt to CBS with KUTV in Salt Lake City and the channel number of WTVJ in Miami for WCAU-TV in Philadelphia)
    Ah, that makes sense. And I remember seeing a clip years and years ago (it was probably on the '80s TV Theme SuperSite, it was that long ago, so 1999 or 2000?) of a KCNC ident with the 1970s "We bring good things to life" GE logo in it.
    Wikipedia says GE bought the station in 1968, though I kind of doubt this and need to research this.

(By the time GE bought NBC, KCNC-TV was the only remnant of its broadcasting operations. They owned the KOA radio stations as well as WRGB-TV in Albany and the WSIX cluster in Nashville, the TV side of which went by the name "WNGE-TV" by the time it was divested to Knight Ridder in 1983; it is now WKRN-TV)
  • @CA: Isn't this song from Hairspray?
    I remember reading the "group ownership" section of an old (1976) edition of the Broadcasting Yearbook my bio-dad had, and seeing names like United Artists and Columbia Pictures (!) in the list of group owners. I was kind of shocked by that. (I was also scared of the Columbia logo at the time, which didn't help.)
    Which Columbia logo, the one with the abstract sunburst?
    No, the 1982-1993 Columbia Pictures Television logo. The movie version didn't bother me as much, and I always did like the 1976 logo.
    I never really got to see that as it was meant to be seen, thanks to the various incarnations of the company having their infamous, irritating plastering habit. I have seen Antenna TV bugs on more recent recordings of it, so maybe SPT has dialed it back a bit (hell, if not for the S From Hell's reputation, they'd still be thoughtlessly updating that!).
  • edited 2012-01-16 16:48:10
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Antenna TV is kind of schizophrenic when it comes to that. At least one show they've run, I think it was Father Knows Best, had the Colex logo on it, and that joint venture hasn't existed for something like 25 years!

I get the feeling the only extant syndie prints of certain shows may be moldy old Betacam or even U-matic tapes from the 1980s...and the hell of it is, most of them were shot on film, so Sony could have then redone in HD if they really wanted to.

Then again, I've seen Betacam SP output, and for an analog format handling standard-definition NTSC, it's still quite good, somewhere around DV25 quality.
    @CA: Isn't this song from Hairspray?
    I don't think so. It's "Only The Good Die Young" by Billy Joel.
  • Ah.

I vaguely recognized it, I'm just not sure what it was from. :P
  • So bad it killed the thread, huh?