I swear, one of these days...

edited 2012-04-29 14:29:56 in General
...they're gonna start showing this in actual classrooms:

Comments

• inb4 POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I don't like it.  I don't like this kind of attitude on the Internet.  It is the opposite of welcoming.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I don't know, what I got from it was "don't be a moron".
  • Telling people not to be stupid is unwelcoming! :D #TVTLogic
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Well, it kind of is if you're calling them a stupid whore and implying they have nothing worth saying. #basicfuckingmanners
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-04-29 22:25:20

Well, given a choice between being linked to an irreverent video and making a fool of oneself, I think most would prefer the former.
  • Personally, I kind of think you have to have been a moron at one point to eventually not be a moron.

I mean, you can read the rules and guidelines, lurk forever to learn the etiquette, you're still going to fuck up eventually unless you're really lucky or just not there that often. That's true of both the internet and real life.

• edited 2012-04-29 22:27:36
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I'm sure it is facetious.  But it's the kind of grouchy, "sick of this shit" attitude that makes me nervous about posting anything at all on sites where I see it expressed.
  • Oh and furthermore

#TVTLogic

"Troper", "trope", "TVTropes" and so on are not insults, don't treat them as such.

• Yes he was.

In the most condescending way possible.

That seems to be a trend here recently and I'm kind of sick of it, there's no good reason for it--we explicitly are our own site and have been for awhile--and it's really not all that relevant to this conversation. So why bring it up?

• edited 2012-04-29 22:37:17
    Honestly, squid, it's one of the (increasingly few) things I actually like about the TVT forum.

I'm aware that it leads to problems in conjunction with other aspects of troper behaviour, but I never felt like the mere act of posting there was an imposition likely to be resented by the other tropers.

Actually, tell a lie, I kind of did feel like that about the OFH, which is why I seldom posted there.
  • edited 2012-04-29 22:37:06
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-04-29 22:40:39
    I think I'm more troper than heaper.  I'm sorry.

^ There are a lot of forums where every post is expected to have actual value, which discourages casual chatting IMO.  Also it's rare that my opinion on a given subject is so interesting that nobody else will be able to say it better, so I don't see the point of expressing it on that kind of forum.
  • ^^ Casual humor at the expense of our old hangout. *shrug* I do not see a problem.

I do.

If you'd even call that humor, honestly. It's more like an insult directed at people who aren't even here.

^^ I don't think that many forums are like that, but I could be wrong. Are there forums where merely posting earns resentment? o_o

There are many (many) where the act of simply being new is bound to bring quite a bit of resentment.

• YES YES WE ARE

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Lazuli: You kind of have this habit of making arguments about this. :/

That's because it bothers me.

Are we seriously doing this again. :o

It's all a part of my evil plan.