Quest 64/Eletale Monsters/Holy Magic Century

edited 2012-04-30 01:57:33 in General Media
I thought I'd start the topic.

I know it's not that popular or well-known... however it is fun.

And I know some of you enjoy and/or played it. ;)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Well, they're all on YouTube.

Sadly, there's none for Eletale Monsters.

But there is for the other 2. ;)
    ...Actually, it's rather different.

Although it's about as simple as the first Zelda game, really. Minus money. :P

It's hard to explain, really. It's a game you need to play to understand how intricate it is.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I played a bit of it but didn't go that far since I didn't have any save cards or the like.
    Try an emulator for the save card problem. Project 64 is a good choice.

Thanks, Squid. I'm probably one of the biggest fangirls for it. :P
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I recently got a rom for Quest 64 so I could relive the memories

Eletale Monsters has no walkthroughs? Does it have any Let's Plays? If not... Well, I still need a microphone but otherwise...
    Nope, neither.

However, it has a few changes. I noted some of them in my Devianart blog(for the Quest 64 group I made), my own Blog, and the TVTropes Quest 64 Analysis page.

Anyway, besides everything being in Japanese, you get a Honey Bread from the first person you talk to instead of a Fresh Bread, and Mint Leaves instead of Dew Drops. Next, enemies drop up to 3 items instead of 1 from Item Drops. Then, there's critical hits, as well as you get an Aura when a stat goes up.(the color is related to the stat's element. Fire = HP, for example) Speaking of stats, your stats go up a lot faster than in the original.

But it gets better. The signs actually say stuff ...In Japanese. The only downside is that enemies drop items quite a bit less. Justified for what I noted earlier. Finally, there's an extra cutscene at the end.

Otherwise, it's the same. XD
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Wait, so Eletale Monsters is the same as Quest 64?

But all three titles sound so different!
  • edited 2012-04-29 00:32:06
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ...It's technically the same game, but is about as similar as Ocarina of Time and Master Quest.

Albeit, the changes are of two different scenarios. One is gameplay mechanics, the other is dungeons. XD

Squid: Fair enough. Get playing. ;)
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    They should make a Quest Wii U (Since it likely wouldn't get the coverage needed this late in the Wii's life)
    That would be great.

...Sadly, the game isn't popular enough. But it would be pretty easy to stream it on a small screen. Or just the stats, etc. would be easy to do.

Imagine using the touch screen for your elements! Plus, it can list your typical data as is. I gotta see the exact size of the controller screen.

I'd love for it to be remade on the 3DS personally.

• A: Confirm
    • B: Go Back
    • X/Y Camera movement.(one goes to the left, other goes to the right)
    • L: Position Camera in back of you.
    • R: Items(using D-Pad or Control Stick to move to another one.)
    • Control Stick: Movement
    • D-Pad: Elements
    • Touch Screen: Map
    I even made controls for it!
    In other news, I plan to do a Pokemon Ruby romhack to recreate Quest 64.

However, we got a big issue. We don't have someone who knows how to hack it. :|

The rest is easy, sprites, animations. Not really a challenge. It's inserting it in. Plus, a lot of stuff is already done, like most spells.

Anybody know how to romhack GBA and that particular game?(Sapphire works too)