Derived Energy

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    "Spawn" is such a stupid word.

People are not fishes/frogs.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, and its use as an insult implies that children themselves are somehow sub-human. Which is ludicrous.

• you're in a mess cause this is the end
    God he cannot bless not leading your hand
    In your mother's womb you feel warm and safe
    But that's a fallacy cause this is your grave
    Do you want to feel how hard it can be
    Vegetating flesh was always the fee
    For living with this pain and in agony
    Until the devil comes and fetches will glee

Kommt heraus, kommt heraus
    Embryodead you will go mad let's ease your pain
    Embryodead you are condemned
    Don't attempt to exist in this world full of hate

He even uses the word "Fallacy" incorrectly!!! :D
  • edited 2012-05-15 14:01:41
    It's 4:20 somewhere.
    Coincidentally, I had just recently heard of Sam Harris's The Moral Landscape. I can't come up with a summary that I think is appropriate, so I'll just link the Wikipedia article.

^^Why use inhumanity as a synonym for wrong? Dogs are pretty sweet.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Gelzo: Exactly. First of all, just because they're not the kind of humans these people like doesn't mean someone doesn't like them, and second, as you pointed out, not even being non-human would be a good excuse, as there's plenty of people who love animals! 

(Sure, you could try to scare people by making comparisons to animals with bad reputations, like rats or mice or insects, but that's pretty transparent these days.)
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I'm pretty doubtful about transhumanism, but man the first comment here is dumb.

I usually don't post this blog, because it comes off as more of a socially awkward teenager with horrible problems with depression venting than a smugly bitter internet jerk making horrible arguments, but man, that first comment.

Second comment was pretty smart.

The first one made me lol, because it was basically describing Shadowrun.
    Are we sure this fucking guy isn't actually Tongpu under a different name? He sure sounds as murderous. :P
    Nah, this guy hates torture, unlike Tongpu who found the idea appealing.
    Yeah, Bazompora is many things, but he is not Tongpu.
  • edited 2012-05-18 02:48:47
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Huh, I wasn't even aware that any antinatalist followed their beliefs through to their natural end, "EVERYONE MUST DIE!"

Still, kinda unsettling.  
  • DID SOMEONE SAY TORTURE!!!! :D

I jest.
    Oh, I forgot Tongpu was into that. In fact, I don't remember much about him, since he'd win the "Most likely to be a serial killer" award if TVT gave them out, and so I'm not sure I really want to. :P
  • > "Most likely to be a serial killer" award

> I'm not the winner
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    You win a massage chair.

• edited 2012-05-18 06:50:03
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    >Huh, I wasn't even aware that any antinatalist followed their beliefs through to their natural end, "EVERYONE MUST DIE!"

Tomu (negative utilitarian on TSTSNBN, also a member here but I never see him post) apparently believes that everyone would be better off dead, although it's a hypothetical and he doesn't actually want to kill anyone.
  • I'm sure his outlook would improve if he got some therapy and didn't live with his mom.

I think that statement applies to most people with similar outlooks.

If this thread is any indication, that's the general consensus. 

...For the antinatalists...not Tomu...
    "
    I have to say, I am consistently struck with the gender differences in self-reported experiences of depression on the internet.

It really reminds me of my mother, who, like Y's mother, brought kids into this world to validate her own depressed existence.

Of four, Im the only one who really got it bad as far as consistent long-term depression goes.

I love my mother, but I don't "understand" her decision the way Y apparently does.

I know that on some level I truly resent it.

Part of the resentment, Ive realized, is because of the different way I experience depression than her - for reasons of gender.

She is non-logical and amoral enough to have a bunch of kids to make herself feel warm and fuzzy for a few years while they are little and cute. Im not.

I always read these testimonials from "depressed" women on the internet, and they almost always have RELATIONSHIPS, or if not that always SEX LIVES. Someone mentioned before how often they have fucking reproduced themselves. SICKENING.

A depressed man is deeply repulsive to women, and is treated like an invisible piece of shit by them and most men.

Women still get their needs met, as long as they have a pulse.

I think Ive said enough."

Yes, you certainly have, anonymous commenter, you certainly have.

...I must have missed that issue...

The best part is that he's posting that on the blog of a woman with depression who has made no secret of being polyamorous.
  • edited 2012-05-18 14:19:09
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    A depressed man is deeply repulsive to women, and is treated like an invisible piece of shit by them and most men.

Women still get their needs met, as long as they have a pulse.
    This is setting off my Nice Guy-dar. Seriously, dude, it's sounds like you're not even trying; I've been friends with women before who acted the exact same way, so the battle-of-the-sexes BS isn't helping your case any.

This girl is poly. Flirt with her. If nothing else, it might be a fun date. :P
    From here

""Depriving them of the benefit of their expectations. That also has implications for our (questionable) project of relieving people of their happy illusions. Will have to think about that."

I shall, for my part, reflect ...
    (Oooh, pun)

Seriously thinking though, I can bring up:
    • are illusions 'due' or are we rightfully undoing wrongs?
    • if the unfair distribution of happiness is an injustice, then is the forceful balancing out not justice?"

" if the unfair distribution of happiness is an injustice, then is the forceful balancing out not justice?"

" if the unfair distribution of happiness is an injustice, then is the forceful balancing out not justice?"

" if the unfair distribution of happiness is an

injustice, then is the forceful balancing out

not justice?"

What the fuck.
    Oh my God
    Do you realize what you just fucking said
    FUCK

• edited 2012-05-18 17:01:10
    Just...wow. Are all of these people My Little Pol Pots?

Bazompora in particular! As if the logical fallacies and the sex-shaming weren't bad enough, he starts advocating genocide now? Just what kind of bastard is this guy?
  • My Little Pol Pots~

I used to wonder what mass murder could be~

My Little Pol Pots~

Until you shared it's magic with me~

Big mass graves~

Tons of fun~

A beautiful dictatorship big and strong~

Sharing wealth equally it's an easy feat~

And homicide makes it all complete~

My Little Pol Pots~

You're all my very best victims~
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. XD
    He's not advocating genocide. But he is advocating forced suffering which is arguably just as bad.
    Indeed, especially because it's really easy for that to become genocide without really trying.
  • I remember a school lunchtable debate I had with a few friends about who was eviller, Hitler or Pol Pot. we figured it was Pol Pot, because the only thing more senseless and illogical than killing someone because of their race ethnicity or orientation is killing them because they just so happen know someone who wears glasses.

How the hell do you fairly distribute happiness?!

Do I like...give some of these people some of my cash and booze and I get some of their anti-depressant meds? 

... Apparently crazy drug parties are the solution here... 
    Not only that, but it also presupposes that there's only one way to be happy, and considering some anti-natalists' predilections toward mass murder, I wouldn't be surprised if they're just euphemising euthanasia...
  • edited 2012-05-18 19:56:56
    I can see how it does kinda sound like a euphemism, but if he meant like a genocide of the happy or something he'd almost certainly say it outright.  I mean, he already advocated forced suffering and the eradication of humanity which is already about as bad as it gets, so it's not like he's the type to mince his words.
    And he wants to euthanize all pets to conserve resources, don't forget that.
    ...he is serious, isn't he?  I mean, he's not just saying this to be provocative or shocking?

OK, so you've linked a lot of bizarre people, but this doesn't make even the slightest bit of sense to me.  I thought they hated suffering?  I thought that was the whole point and the supposed justification for all the rest?
    Let me let Bazompora describe his position in his own words.

"Sapience imposes upon us a suffering more vast than that of any other species: the suffering of hundreds of others will resound in our minds, we fear not only present, but the future aswell, as we realise failure and downfall could lie behind every turn and are always aware that the merciless Sword of Damocles looms above our heads and that it's rope will not last, we are scarred by our existence in this world with every turn of wind. And while non-sapients animals do feel pain and even fear and rejection, their suffering is not constant and unforgiving; it is mostly accute and very short-lived. A human will suffer a vast multitude more than an animal in the same circomstances of dread, for we will always feel one kind of hurt at a given conscious moment.

And let me tell you another thing: I don't "love" animals; I don't even 'like' them. They have, unlike individual humans, NO redeeming qualities and I certainly cannot be bothered with that fuzzy feeling that you have for them. They mean nothing to me because they are devoid of meaning: they are but conduits of pain, fear and satisfaction; they might be similar to many humans, but they are nothing like me. And having to share spaces with either kind of vermin is a nuisance that impacts upon my whole unasked-for life in a definite negative sense.

And do not forget that we are in a world of hurt, to which animals are loyal servants; only humans can rise above their wholesome collaboration. And here is, where unlike speceisists, my mind goes out, not to "mankind" or some arbitrary chosen species near extinction, but only to those individuals who have not sold out to nature. It's only a matter of fact, that only humans, as part of the sole sapient species, are represented among these and that often human sell-outs will be 'collaterally' empathised with."

So yeah, some antinatalists might be about ending suffering, but Bazompora is a tender misanthrope who hides behind a thin veneer of negative utilitarian concern.
  • edited 2012-05-18 20:20:59
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I'm guessing that they'd think the "minor angst" over having your pet die would be outweighed by the knowledge that you've done good by ending the inherent suffering of a tortured victim's life.

Ninja'd. And apparently, the second part of my statement doesn't apply to this guy.
  • edited 2012-05-18 20:12:58

Odradek said:

"horrble bullshit"

What a distinctly pathetic person.

I actually want to shoot this person.

This.
  • edited 2012-05-18 20:42:46
    Okay, I know DE wants to die, but Bazompora [argh rar overreacting]
    Let's not lose perspective here.  Those are some horrendous things, but for all we know the author might just be an autistic kid with depression living in his mom's basement.  If we're going to suddenly fire into righteous fury mode, there are plenty of people more worthy of our anger.  Rapists, child molesters, murderers, terrorists, all sorts.

He's vile, yes, but as far as we know he's little more than an Internet tough guy on a soap box.  His posts are delusional, entirely absurd, and worthy only of contempt.
    True; I was just about to edit that post to tone down the rage, but I couldn't think of a better way to word it. Either way, I seriously think he's a danger at least to himself.
  • He's vile, yes, but as far as we know he's little more than an Internet tough guy on a soap box.

> Implying tough internet guys on soapboxes shouldn't be shot
  • edited 2012-05-18 20:56:43
    Eh.

I'm not disputing he's scum.  But when I see a post saying that somebody "needs to die" for a comment they posted on the Internet, forgive me if I think people are overreacting a wee bit.
  • That greentext there was sarcasm. (*I know herd to tellon the internet, I should learn that*)
    "
    for all we know the author might just be an autistic kid with depression living in his mom's basement"

I've seen at least three antinatalists who had autism by the way. Of the three, Estnihil seems like a nice kid who just happened to find a philosophy that helped him find other people with depression and seems to  actually have one of the higher senses of self-awareness in the AN community, Aidan Mclaren who had his depression and anger issues combine with his clearly mostly untreated autism in a terrible way that basically made him antinatalist Chris-chan, and CulturalPhillistine(this is more of a hunch than anything else. He mentions not being able to stand physical contact with other human beings in one of his videos and it would go a ways toward explaining his flat affect and monotonic voice) who was, uh, I can't really describe CulturalPhillistine, he's kind of bizarre enough to deserve his own three-page treatise.
  • Fouria G said:

Let's not lose perspective here.  Those are some horrendous things, but for all we know the author might just be an autistic kid with depression living in his mom's basement.  If we're going to suddenly fire into righteous fury mode, there are plenty of people more worthy of our anger.  Rapists, child molesters, murderers, terrorists, all sorts.

He's vile, yes, but as far as we know he's little more than an Internet tough guy on a soap box.  His posts are delusional, entirely absurd, and worthy only of contempt.

Do I actually need to say that I wasn't being literal?
    Lazuli, FM: I think he was referring to me in particular. I think people like this bug me way too much. :/
    @ FM: I figured, but I guess I tend to read >implying as barbed by default.  Sorry about that.

@ Lazuli: Well, you did literally say you were being actual. :p

@ Lee: I was, but you edited it and I think you were going to do that anyway.

So yeah, guess I overreacted.  We're all calm, everything's fine. :)
This discussion has been closed.