Derived Energy

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    I think Antinatalists respect the Coen brothers way more than they respect Camus.
  • edited 2012-04-29 15:37:18
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-04-29 15:42:08
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    That's because the Coen brothers are all dark and shit. They deal with movies closer to reality like mob hit-men that are like manifestations of death that walk around with a silenced shot gun.

I wonder if this dude has any idea what it's like to work in an office.

It's not like every job is a cube farm where your boss walks past every five minutes to make sure you're on task.

You get free coffee and tea, sometimes soda, you can surf the web for a little bit if you get bored. Sometime you get free lunch at work. Sometimes you can shoot the shit with your co-workers, boss included.

Sometime your boss says "fuck it!" and everyone goes out to happy hour for a couple drinks on the company dime.

Result may vary, but suggesting the majority of people work in offices isn't anything close to reality, and I doubt very much this person has any idea of what it's really like.
  • I'd like to work in an office. :3
    Incidentally, I found this online. 
    http://desade-justine.com/deadalive39820.htm

"Apart from good sex, a gentle death really is the only other legitimate concern in life. All other matters are second-rate topics."

You forgot a few needs there, buddy:

From elsewhere on that site:"
    I make a living from giving advice to men from rich, Western, industrialized nations who hunt for sexual adventures in poor Third World countries."

Yeah I think we're done here
    Google search "
    Sam Zanahar"

Oh my, what have I stumbled onto. Dozens of poorly, made websites, containing approximately the same disjointed articles. I think I struck crazy gold again.

If only crazy gold smelted as well as regular gold.
    I'd be rich by now, I really would.

Then I would have enough money to join the Super-Adventure Club!
    "
    Substitute satisfaction is no substitute for satisfaction" Haha, words don't have meanings!

It's almost a tautology...but yeah, it's pretty meaningless. 
  • edited 2012-04-30 21:19:23
    My dreams exceed my real life
    "I believe that Kant is the single biggest fallacy in European philosophical history. Not only did he write a terribly unentertaining style (I am German and read his work in its original language). His very basic assumptions also are pure nonsense... and that's the worst that I can say in an essay that is headlined "Making sense".

Why on earth should we, as Kant did, assume that we should morally apply to all what we want applied to us ourselves (the so-called categorical imperative).

I want success for me, and for others I want failure. When others go down, and I just stay the same, then, automatically, I am up."

So he's another guy who hates Kant, but knows nothing about him other than the Categorical Imperative. Like everyone else on the internet.

And also a sociopath, apparently.

Who doesn't understand the meaning of the word "fallacy"

• I want success for me, and for others I want failure. When others go down, and I just stay the same, then, automatically, I am up.

Did he say this or did Kant say this?

Cuz whoever said this kinda sounds like a dick.

• Why is fallacy such a difficult word to understand.
  • fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy fallacy  

I was not aware a person could be a piece of bad logic.

"Did he say this or did Kant say this?

Cuz whoever said this kinda sounds like a dick."

He said that.

• Okay, so we know he's a vindictive dickohwait I knew that already.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-05-01 16:00:27
    My dreams exceed my real life

New Derived Energy Video!
  • Is he asking the universe to give him anal sex?
    It's a joke. See it's funny, because some people find meaning in the universe, and DE doesn't and DE considers those people stupid because 

"I believe that Kant is the single biggest fallacy in European philosophical history"

People can't be fallacies.

They may have ideas that are fallacious , but they, themselves are not fallacies. 

"Not only did he write a terribly unentertaining style"

This is some horrible pot calling the kettle, especially since the pot is doing it even while trapped under his own grammar train wreck. 

Hmm...I guess train wrecks can be entertaining. Maybe he's angry that Kant could actually pen his thoughts without looking like an illiterate douchebag. 
  • I maintain that these people just don't have enough Danny Brown in their lives.
    I just realized something.

Why do antinatalists voice more extreme and subjective sentiments in their blogs but switch to more objective attempts at proofs in debates?

It's because their blogs are written for other antinatalists not us. They don't care about the Dude's sage words because they're already around people who share their opinion, man.

Mind you, Inmendham and Derived Energy still engage in rhetorical extremes, but that might just be because they're idiots.
  • edited 2012-05-02 13:57:00
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I like the antinatalism as a form of slacktivism argument. There's easy things you can do every day to help the environment that aren't even worth arguing over -- driving less, using reusable containers and recycling as much of what you can't reuse as you can, turning off things you're not using while you're not in the room -- whereas all arguing on the Internet about an issue that you personally have little control over does is waste your time and burn electricity for something that's just going to upset you.

(Which is not to say that the last part applies to all situations. You may not have much say in what Hollywood does by yourself, but you can at least make your voice heard and they'll back off because in large numbers, you're the money. With babies, however, it's interfering with what people do in their private lives, and few people would want to mess with that even in large groups, unless they're really mad about it.)

"I was going to have a baby, but some jackass from a YouTube video convinced me otherwise...mostly because I was afraid my baby might turn out to be like that guy..."
    Warning from the Antinatalist Society if you make the decision to procreate, in 50 years, THIS

could be your baby.

Please, be responsible. 

That could easily be a risk some people are not willing to take.
  • edited 2012-05-03 10:47:34
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS

I wouldn't go for such a cheap shot, but Inmendham's personality is ten times as ugly as his personal appearance.
  • edited 2012-05-03 16:18:04
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

New DE video!

Best quote: "That is why I endeavor to avoid calling people names and only stick to terms that can be logically deduced such as "irrational deluded and insane"."

You are the BEST Derived Energy.
  • It's 4:20 somewhere.
    I keep reading this thread, but I never really have anything to say about it.

I guess I could watch these videos or read the debates directly, but I really don't feel like observing people arguing philosophy poorly. I get enough of that as it is.

That seems like a pretty valid response.

For me, the annoyance comes from the gaping holes in the logic. 

As Odradek pointed out, if much of what he's posting is just for other Antinatalists, then that would explain why much of it just seems to be spouting opinions.

Problem is, even if if it's not formal logic, it still undermines the point of whomever is trying to make it because they keep falling down their own holes in logic.
    Mind you, this is still a step-forward for DE.  He's actually making arguments instead of jumping around, calling his opponents names,  and pouring water on himself like he usually does.

Unless you count the "My big brother is totally going to beat you up" argument that is his recourse to future neuroscience.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Is it okay if I go back and thump the responses to my outburst earlier? I erased it because, well, I was being kind of a dick (I wrote it when I was still kind of upset).
    Nah, it's cool man.
    OK.

Sounds good. I'll thump mine.
    While that post was interesting, some of the things he said on the rant he links to near the beginning are pretty fascinating as well. Is it just me, or is he discounting joy and happiness because he read what is apparently a glurge blog? I love sugary-sweet stuff and I can't stand glurge.
    http://www.3quarksdaily.com/3quarksdaily/2012/04/the-case-against-kids.html#comments

Reading this debate, man that Bazompora guy is a twat.
    Wait, is he seriously trying to argue that procreation is a crime because you can't obtain the consent of the unborn? That is seriously faulty logic. In particular, it uses the argument that since this person wouldn't want to be born if he could make that decision, it must mean that no one else would either. 

The problems with that should be as obvious as an elephant singing "Ave Maria" while doing the Can-Can, our Mr. Bazompora. :P
This discussion has been closed.