Who could walk 1000 miles faster: The Proclaimers or Vanessa Carlton?

edited 2021-03-16 23:58:54 in General
I’d like to have this question resolved before we proceed.

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    you know, this probably means I have bad taste or something, but I strongly prefer the Vanessa Carlton song over the other one

I know, this doesn't answer the question
  • edited 2021-03-17 01:14:56
    Ally Kerr walked 10,000 miles in that same time.
  • actually i haven't listened to The Proclaimers' song, i think

but i do know Vanessa Carlton's song
    it's okay
    on one hand it sounds like something i'd like
    but on the other hand the melody just feels a little oddly unsatisfying
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

actually i haven't listened to The Proclaimers' song, i think

You would probably recognize it if you heard it; it's one of those '80s songs that still gets loads of radio play
  • ...this sounds *like* another song i've heard but i actually don't recognize this one

now to dig for the other song that someone here mentioned i might have heard before
  • oh right i know which song this is reminding me of now

had to take a moment to think of the lyrics and then look them up

it's jimmy eat world's "the middle", specifically the refrain
  • Are we talking a thousand miles in a straight line, or with a curve?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The Proclaimers. Vanessa would take breaks like a sensible person. The Proclaimers might move more slowly, but they don't stop.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I love that you not only had an actual answer, but bothered to justify your answer