Favorite defunct Walt Disney World ride?

For me, it's Alien Encounter. Most people are familiar with the 1995 version with Tim Curry as the robot in the pre-show, but my favorite version is the 1994 version, with Phil Hartman as the robot. He's just so annoying I love it. But the 1994 version of the main show takes too long and has too many moments in pitch darkness. The 1995 version of the main show is better. But bring back TOM 2000, Disney! I have an entire MCU level of lore created around him.

Other favorites are Body Wars (when I was younger I had a fem crush on Elisabeth Shue), Snow White's Adventures (the opening day version that closed in 1994 with the witch trying to kill you), Star Tours (the ORIGINAL with Captain Rex), and although I don't like it anymore now compared to its predecessor (and eventual replacement), Honey I Shrunk the Audience (I somehow loved this as a kid. IDK why. If it helps, I also wanted to go on Stitch's Great Escape.)

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Snow White's Adventures scared me shitless as a kid, yntkt.

Anyway, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
  • There's a version of the Imagination Station (or whatever it's called) with Figment the dragon.

I remember it very fondly not because of the ride, though, but rather because of one of the activity stations afterwards, which was a screen where I could make patterns appear, and there was some orchestral music (in C minor, if I recall correctly) that accompanied this.  I've always wanted to find out what that music was.

It's now one of a handful of "holy grail" things I'd like to figure out.
  • I've never been to a Disney park because my parents did not make thirty trillion dollars a year. So I can't say I have one.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I've never been to a Disney park because my parents did not make thirty trillion dollars a year. So I can't say I have one.

Jane if I am ever rich I will take you to Disneyland
  • Myr that is a very nice sentiment but I'm not sure I'd want to go to Disneyland.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it's overrated honestly
  • Snow White's Adventures scared me shitless as a kid, yntkt.
    I love the part at the end where you go into the room with the flashing lights. It could be that they're the last things you see as you die, or you're just waking up from a dream (probably the latter, as this IS a kids' theme park.) Tokyo Disneyland should've had that part at the end.

You know what? I want a HQ version of the audio for that ride. It exists, because in the Tokyo version, the Witch's laughter in some places was taken from the WDW ride.
  • edited 2021-03-24 14:15:03
    Tokyo Disneyland?  I didn't know that was a thing.

Amnyways, Snow White's Adventures is the one that I've wanted to go to, because I had cousins who talked of it as being so scary and cool, but I don't really much want to go on any of the others, and I've never been to Disneyland.