Comments

• why does every Monica i know of have some sort of weirdly negative association

Monica Lewinsky [scandal]
    BitMonica
    Monika (character from DDLC)
  • I don't think I'd properly understood what bitmonica was until now
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    boobs ^_^
  • why does every Monica i know of have some sort of weirdly negative association

Monica Lewinsky [scandal]
    BitMonica
    Monika (character from DDLC)
    It's really unfair that the negative association is on Miss Lewinsky, though.

In unrelated stuff relating to the name Monica, I remember in the Girl Genius discussion on TvTropes, we were talking about how some of the Heterodynes and Mongfishes had very evil names (Serpentina, Demonica, Lucrezia), and someone made a joke about a mental image of a maternity ward and someone shouting about how "we wanted to name her Monica", and I think of that at inappropriate times and laugh.  (Also, I think about how the Good-aligned names version of that would be Harmonica).  Also, that thread is still going, which makes me happy because it was the very first thread on the internet that I ever posted in, and now I remember that I haven't read Girl Genius in years and now I'm sad and nostalgic and missing the summer of 2010 and there was a point to this I swear.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ali_Roz said:

Agreed.

People treated her horribly, and for what? If anything, she was a victim.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also I hope y'all appreciate the effort I went to in pulling BitMonica out of the Wayback Machine to get that screenshot, since the original website doesn't actually exist anymore
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I very much appreciate it.
  • I very much appreciate it.

• edited 2020-12-24 09:24:50
    Ali_Roz said:

I very much appreciate it.

I agree with both these sentiments
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    She’ll raise it hight...

Your profit ;)