The 2010s are over

And I am sad
Tagged:

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • underwater moonlight
    rip
  • Well, it's not actually that cold.
    :(
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    are you excited for the 2020s
  • underwater moonlight
    no
  • Darkness is ever the herald of dawn.
    Many things that were unthinkable in 2005 are routine now.  If someone tried to tell you in 2005 of now, you wouldn't believe it.  I fear 2035, and how far that will be from where we are now.
  • Reality has never been an obstacle for me before!!
    When I think about the things that have changed the most since my childhood, one huge one is that, at least in the society I live in, it's commonplace for people to carry a camcorder around with them at all times now.

In modern America, we're all Daidouji Tomoyo.
  • edited 2020-01-03 03:45:15
    Well, it's not actually that cold.

When I think about the things that have changed the most since my childhood, one huge one is that, at least in the society I live in, it's commonplace for people to carry a camcorder around with them at all times now.

In modern America, we're all Daidouji Tomoyo.
    I was at a recent anime convention where Tiffany Grant, voice of Asuka Langley Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion (the original English dub), was a guest, and she commented on an episode of it as we watched.  It was the one where Asuka debuts in the show, and there is one side character who carries a literal camcorder (as in that big bulky thing on one's shoulder) everywhere, as he's a military equipment/vehicles fanboy who's relishing the opportunity to see a bunch of stuff up close.  Grant commented that the show was a rather poor predictor of the future in this regard.