Halloween Usernames 2019: This Time It’s Creatures!!

edited 2019-10-12 03:28:11 in Administrivia
As is a long-established Heapers’ Hangout tradition, for the month of October you can change your username to something else! For fun! That’s about it. It’s not very complicated, people.

There are a few rules that apply:
  • No swapping usernames with another user. Swapping avatars, forum signatures, posting styles, etc. is fine, though.
  • You only get one username change this month. Pick a name and stick with it till the end of October.
  • All users will revert to their previous usernames on November 1st.
The list of name changes will be documented here as a kind of cheat sheet for those times when you get super confused. I’m the admin and that even happens to me sometimes.

Request your username change by posting in this thread.

The Roster
  • Odradek → Mark Trail
  • Imipolex G → Ashley St. Ives
  • Tatterhood → Canada Goose
  • Aliroz → Sarcosuchus imperator
  • eriophora zia → Verb in the Imperative Mood
  • Central Avenue → Twilight Sparkle
  • vtk → Dr. Naked
  • Anonus → Rarity (Rarity → Sweetie Belle)
  • Vriska → Medusa
  • Sredni Vashtar → Mary Waits in Silence

Comments

• “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    I forgot to pin this. It's pinned now.

I haven't exercised my mod powers in a while. I'm getting rusty.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Mark Trail
  • the correct answer was Moby Grape
    Ashley St. Ives
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Verb in the Imperative Mood
  • “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    This might sound silly, Aliroz, but I didn't know if you wanted the period to be part of your name or if you were just punctuating your post. If you do want the period, let me know and I'll fix it.
  • I was just punctuating my post, like I always do.
  • edited 2019-10-06 05:52:12
    “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    Chose my name to commemorate the series finale of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic this month.
  • embrace the confusion
    Dr. Naked
    The question was raised of whether the "no swapping names with another user" rule applies to one's own sockpuppet accounts.

In previous years I would have raised the issue on the mod boards, but since Crystal and I are basically the only active mods at this point, and this is unlikely to ever come up again since so few of our active users even have sockpuppet accounts, I'm just gonna make an Executive Decision and say sure, that's allowed.

So, for the month of October, Anonus has become Rarity and Anonus's alt account Rarity has become Sweetie Belle.
  • Can I be Medusa?
  • “His thoughts were red thoughts, and his teeth were white.”
    Make me Mary Waits in Silence
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

The question was raised of whether the "no swapping names with another user" rule applies to one's own sockpuppet accounts.

In previous years I would have raised the issue on the mod boards, but since Crystal and I are basically the only active mods at this point, and this is unlikely to ever come up again since so few of our active users even have sockpuppet accounts, I'm just gonna make an Executive Decision and say sure, that's allowed.

So, for the month of October, Anonus has become Rarity and Anonus's alt account Rarity has become Sweetie Belle.

(deep-linking doesn't work here so skip to 2:43)