If you owned a house and wanted to put in a pool...

edited 2018-07-24 00:27:48 in General
...would you put the pool right next to the house or a bit further away in the yard?  Like, the difference would be whether your backyard concrete slabs directly adjoin the pool area, or whether you have to walk a little to get to a pool area, on a path that is flanked by grassy lawn (or your choice of lawn material).

(Assume that the pool can be seen from the house in both cases, so there's no difference with regards to privacy or being able to watch guests/children or whatever.  Also, assume there's enough space in your yard that you have this choice available to you.)

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    further away, I don't want to fall out a window and drown in the pool
  • edited 2018-07-24 01:38:37

further away, I don't want to fall out a window and drown in the pool

you're more likely to fall out a window and crash onto concrete or roof

i mean, to drown in the pool you'd have to fall out a window then roll like 10 feet even to a pool that's next to the house
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I don't care, water scares me more than a concrete roof.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I like the way my uncle had it set up at his old house in Delaware, Ohio: A moderately sized deck that opens out onto the pool.
  • Honestly I'd rather replace the garage or something with an indoor pool.