Report Bugs Here

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And it does it when you edit Members, too. THIS IS A BUG IN VANILLA. :P
    Actually, before I make that snap judgement, let me try it on my private instance...

Okay, I figured it out. Permission record ID 1 controls which permissions are deemed valid, and Garden.Profiles.Edit was disabled globally for some reason. It's fixed now.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Thank you!
  • Lee is best administrator tech man wizard. :P
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    You are the best, Lee. Thanks!
    You're welcome :D
  • The sadness will last forever.
    When I try to change my avatar, the browser I use doesn't respond.
    Which browser is that?
    Firefox.
    Works for me.

(This is version 14.0.1 on Snow Leopard.)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Has anyone else been getting random Bonks?
  • yeah I am with PMs.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Yep
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think it's fairly obvious who's to blame...

• i thought it was squidward
  • I think it's fairly obvious who's to blame...

ftfy
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    HH is freezing up whenever I'm trying to type a comment.

Also the post comment box is really huge. Like really, really huge.

I'm on an iPad, so that might have something to do with it also.
    It does that on mobile for some reason...I don't know why, the old site is immune to this.
    I wonder...would it be possible for Lee to put in something that disables CLEditor for anyone with an Android or iOS user agent? Most of its WYSIWYG features tend not to work on those devices anyway, so it just becomes a JavaScripty pain-in-the-butt.

As a workaround, try using the "Write Comment" button. It pulls up a regular sort of textbox that you can compose a post in.
    Probably different versions of the mobile site code. I really wish we had working WYSIWYG on mobile...
    ...This is getting a little off-topic, but I wonder if it might be worth looking into the other WYSIWYG editors. I know IJBM uses TinyMCE, though it's not perfect...
    Hmm. Does it work better on mobile than the default editor? I know the one that comes with Vanilla is pretty much useless on my phone...
    I haven't tried it on mobile yet...hmm...
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    For some reason, when I enter the Trash Heap topic, where it says "Mr. Truant" is the last one, I'm only seeing Imipolex G's last post.

I'm not sure what the problem is.
  • Vanilla has entered a state of timefuckery it will get out of when the hour's up.

Long story.

• I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Oh, right, dur. Guess I gotta post more. >_<
    I just installed the StopForumSpam plugin. Hopefully it'll cut down on the number of spam registrations we've been getting.
    Thanks!
    Has anyone else been getting seemingly random error messages popping up, or is that just my lappy being wonky?

FWIW, it's just a little popup that says only "Error", exactly like the ones I get when I try to post after I lose my wi-fi connection.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I got those occasionally. 

I used to get the constantly, but less frequently now.
  • edited 2012-11-24 03:45:02
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Not happening on my end lately...
    I don't think I've ever seen those.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Could be browser specific.

I use Chrome.
    Chrome here.
  • edited 2012-11-24 04:05:38
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I use Chrome as well, version 23.0.1271.64 to be specific.
    I use Firefox which is clearly superior
    I use Firefox.
  • I connect my brain directly to the internet.
  • I connect my brain directly to the internet.

I'M CONNECTING TO THE INTERNET WITH MY MIND
    Nightmare Fuel
    I saw the forum Bonk on me a few minutes ago. Time to SSH in and read the logs..
    Happened to me, too.
    I experienced the Bonk a few minutes back, too.
    As did I

The Bonk is on a rampage

Bonk's Adventure
    Hmm, there's a bunch of errors in the log that say StopForumSpam wants curl_init, and it isn't available. I installed php5-curl and we'll see what happens.
    Hopefully that fixes things...
  • edited 2012-12-16 19:47:09
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Oh, wonderful:

Dec 16 19:08:40 li440-139 init: mysql main process (17861) killed by KILL signal
    Dec 16 19:08:40 li440-139 init: mysql main process ended, respawning

And there's also this: 

root@li440-139:/var/log# grep oom-killer /var/log/messages
    Dec 16 18:14:47 li440-139 kernel: mysqld invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x201da, order=0, oom_adj=0, oom_score_adj=0
    Dec 16 19:08:38 li440-139 kernel: apache2 invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x200da, order=0, oom_adj=0, oom_score_adj=0
    Dec 16 19:09:24 li440-139 kernel: apache2 invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x200da, order=0, oom_adj=0, oom_score_adj=0

The server ran completely out of memory and out of swap. It may not even have swap. ._.

Thankfully, this is easy enough to fix temporarily without moving the server. 
    Good...