Report Bugs Here

Comments

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    We don't really see enough of the flags for people to be worried about how they use them.

That being said, getting the option on the mobile site might not be a bad idea, but it's hardly critical.
  • I've been operating on an "if in doubt, flag it" principle
    That seems to make the most sense.

I haven't used it much either.
  • edited 2012-07-03 23:21:46
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Fouria G said:

I've used it a few times, though AFAICR always in a "could you keep an eye on this?" kind of way rather than a "stop this bad person" way.  I worry that this is overuse, but I've been operating on an "if in doubt, flag it" principle, which is what I tried to encourage on TVT.

I am a mod and I've done the same thing in the past. Even if no action needs to be taken, it's a quick and easy way to confer with the other mods and look over the situation.

And like Justice said, we really don't get enough flags for anyone to be worried about overusing them. We get maybe one a week, honestly.
  • Is there still a way to "dismiss" threads from your talk list so you can hide them?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The "Dismiss" option is for Announcements, basically all it does is make them not be pinned at the top anymore.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    OK, it seems that the PM glitch is caused by navigating away from the PM page's tab when it is open.

Is there any way to fix that?
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I found a bunch of software bugs
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *administrator hat on*

THIS IS SERIOUS

*administrator hat off*
    This thread isn't for jokes, you know.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Sorry.
  • edited 2012-07-20 23:05:10
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Is there a way to make superscript work?  It shows up like it should on the post edit screen, but not in posts themselves.

Subscript
    has the same problem.
  • well it's not unique to you, at any rate.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Ok, you guys aren't gonna believe this...up to now, I'd thought that Vanilla was erroneously stripping out the <sup> and <sub> tags that CLEditor inserted. But as it turns out, that's not the case.

No, the <sub> and <sup> tags are left in...but the CSS has them styled to look exactly like regular text.

The good news is that this shouldn't be too hard for Lee to fix, when he has some time.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    They should be working now. For some reason, neither the default theme's style.css nor the one in defaultsmarty (what we use) defines a style for <sup> or <sub> after clearing them all right at the beginning... :P
    I tried it, it didn't work.
    It looks fine to me...try clearing your cache, Anonus.
    Also, I don't know if Lee's still around, but...would it be possible to make the "Real Name" field on the profiles optional?
    No idea. I'm kind of half-awake at the moment, so I may look at it tomorrow.
    That would work, too. I was just going to put "Alice H." myself, but I don't want people to feel like we're asking for their real names.

Also, another bug: It says "http://central-avenue.tumblr.com" isn't a valid entry for "other website"; this seems to be because of the hyphen.
  • do you have anything else other than the web address in the line?

that was my problem.

I cleared it; it works now. Thanks, Lee!
    You're welcome!
    @Lazuli: I tried putting just http://central-avenue.tumblr.com and it rejected it. On a hunch I tried the same URL without the hyphen (which belongs to a blog that's not mine) and it accepted it, so it seems to be assuming the URL can't have a hyphen for some reason.
    Just use a URL shortener.
  • Weirdness.

[also when you finish your profile you should totes post about it in my profile thread]

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Ok, now I have a real bug

Whenever I use the, "Thistagisalwaysapplicable" tag, the one that has the dotless i's seems to be used at the same time, even when I don't select it

So, uh, the tags are conspiring
  • edited 2012-07-25 01:09:45
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It's a weird thing with the selection. The top one seems to win out if you just hit "enter". It's frustrating, but paying more attention would help you avoid this from now on.
  • edited 2012-07-26 06:31:27
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Lumine said:

If I click on a thread and then change the page and then press the back button, it goes to the latest page. This may just be Firefox.

Also I cannot change my avatar thumbnail for some reason.

That happens in Chrome as well; also that's usually when those strange 404 errors start popping up.
  • edited 2012-07-26 10:09:47
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    I've had this problem before too. Something doesn't seem to like it when you go back to a URL that specifies a post number that isn't on the most recent page.

I usually just end up clicking on the number of the page I'm trying to get to if I want to reread it.
  • edited 2012-07-26 14:18:34
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, those 404s seem to be related to URL rewriting, specifically that we don't have it turned on and some parts of the code seem to expect it. I've been meaning to fix that, I just haven't gotten to it yet.
    I don't know much about programming, but building the software around the assumption that everyone has URL rewriting turned on seems like a dumb decision.
    Software bugs only.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    That double tag when a special character is used issue I mentioned before?

Are you hitting enter or something?
    Vanilla seems to think that said tag is the same as the one with the tittles.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    I can't change my avatar, for some reason.
    You can't?

I thought that bug was fixed. It's related to the NSFW Opt-Out role...let me go check it.
  • edited 2012-10-03 00:38:20
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Argh, it got turned back off somehow! Anyway, NSFW Opt-Out needs to have Garden.Profiles.Edit permissions to be able to change avatars.
    Wait, I accidentally broke it. I took the first hyphen back out of its name. Sorry, Lee, I didn't know it would do that. I'll put it back in.
    It's obviously working from a template somewhere, since Garden.Profiles.Edit isn't a permission you can set from the role editor...I think I know where the template is and I can edit it and see what happens.
    OK.
    I took a second look at what I thought was the template, and it's actually the one it uses when Vanilla is first installed, not something that gets called on a regular basis. I was able to confirm that it's turning profile editing back off when you edit the role for any reason.
    Oh wow.
    I guess the stopgap solution would be to set it up and then never touch the role again, but that wouldn't fix the underlying problem...