Report Bugs Here

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    If I'm reading a thread, then I click to the next page, then click the "back" button in my browser, instead of returning me to the previous page it pops up this message:
    Not Found

The requested URL /2 was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.14 (Ubuntu) Server at www.heapershangout.com Port 80
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I've gotten that a few times, or something similar. 
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm still not sure why that happens. It may be some weird URL-rewriting thing, I don't know.
  • I seem to be more and more frequently seeing the site temporarily stripped of all formatting and rendered in blank Times New Roman-on-white

is this a server issue or something on my end?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Could be either; that means the style sheet isn't loading for some reason.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've seen that, but very rarely.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

Not sure what happened here.

• edited 2012-05-30 00:52:36
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Huh, that's simpler than I expected.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yeah, that bug has been there since at least last July.

Doesn't change the fact that it is, indeed, a bug, but I don't know how easy it would be to fix...
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Btw A lot of images fail to load for me and I only get the word "image" where I think there should be an image unless people are typing out the word "image" because they think they are clever.
  • edited 2012-06-04 16:12:32

Shit, it's not a talk thread. But I can't delete the post. Oh well.
    Well, aside from the logo and the avatars we don't actually host any images on this site...are you sure it's not just a connection issue on your end?

Maybe his browser just says "image" instead of the broken image symbol? 

Posting images from sites that don't allow hot-linking is pretty common, after all. 
    IIRC, Mozilla Firefox puts "image" instead of the broken image signal, since at least a couple versions ago.
  • Sometimes if the image takes a while it says image while it loads.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Well, aside from the logo and the avatars we don't actually host any
    images on this site...are you sure it's not just a connection issue on
    your end?
    I dont know
  • edited 2012-06-07 18:55:12
    :|
    My iPod is claiming that every post on the site was made on November and December 1969. I'm not sure if this a problem with my device or the site - I'm about to check.

EDIT: Yeah, it's just me.
  • The entire site is showing up sans-stylesheet again.

how fix

• edited 2012-06-07 23:45:25
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Try refreshing the page, or clearing your browser's cache.
  • I am flipping out here.

I've been trying to make a thread since 8:30 and have had the page refresh and turn up a blank post box no less than seven fucking times.

I was going to review a game I'm currently slobbering over, but I'm so pissed off at this that I'm not even going to bother. What is causing this?

I'm looking now; I'm not seeing anything amiss with the server, so...
  • Well I was finally able to post it, but not without much frustration.

Huh. Maybe there's something in the review you're coping that's not agreeing with Vanilla so it's blanking the whole post?

If you don't need the formatting, try the "post as text" button (it's the clip-board with the "T")/
  • I've been trying to make a thread since 8:30 and have had the page refresh and turn up a blank post box no less than seven fucking times.
    The page just refreshes on its own? That's probably something with your browser.
  • Justice42 said:

Huh. Maybe there's something in the review you're coping that's not agreeing with Vanilla so it's blanking the whole post?

If you don't need the formatting, try the "post as text" button (it's the clip-board with the "T")/

I ended up posting the only things I was trying to embed (a pair of pictures).

Haven said:

The page just refreshes on its own? That's probably something with your browser.

Yes, but now it's stopped doing it.

I hate this computer. *Kicks*

• I wonder if you comprehend how poorly put-together my laptop is.

I mean I don't even know what half of these things running in the task manager are, and I don't want to close them because I don't know if they're important or not.

• I've done that for some of them, I usually don't get any relevant results.

you should go to add/remove programs and do the thing where you uninstall all the bloatware

worked for me

• you should go to add/remove programs and do the thing where you uninstall all the bloatware

worked for me

I've done that repeatedly. 

Doesn't really help.

I'm not too concerned, I'm getting a nice $399 HP laptop at the end of the month (compare this thing, a $99 Acer piece of shit), so I won't have to deal with its shenanigans for much longer.

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I got a fatal error when trying to post. To do with the "Gdn database" apparently?
    Interesting. I noticed that the site was a little slow just now, but I tried to post and it worked just as usual. I'll look and see if there's anything going on.
  • Whoa, did the site just go back to Vanilla Blue for everyone or is that just me?

If it's just temporary I won't do anything but I'll whip up a blue HH logo if need be.
    It's a weird bug that happens once in a while--a page or two will just load as Vanilla Blue.

It's happened as long as I can remember and we haven't figured out why. :\
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    I noticed I've being logged out almost every 5 days. Is it supposed to do that?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The PM box spazzes out a lot lately. Upon hitting "Send Message", sometimes a box with the message inside of it appears above the box that's supposed to be there, along with a "Send" button under it that doesn't do anything. Has anyone else gotten this?
    I've had that happen on occasion, though I can't recall which browser I was using at the time.
    I'm using Firefox 13.0.1, which I've been using since Friday, IIRC. I think that's when these glitchy things have started happening more often.
  • That's been a chronic problem for me. I think what causes it is waiting too long to send it; if you refresh or reopen the page it should work.
  • edited 2012-07-03 18:14:48
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    ^^I guess that's what's causing it as well.

Seems like a strange thing to do to a user, anyway.
    I just noticed: posts on the mobile site lack a "Flag" button.

Not a bug, technically, but it would be nice to see fixed.
  • I guess it'd be nice to have.

Has any post needed flagging though? Like, ever?
    We've had a few, though not very often.
  • edited 2012-07-03 21:23:03
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I've used it a few times, though AFAICR always in a "could you keep an eye on this?" kind of way rather than a "stop this bad person" way.  I worry that this is overuse, but I've been operating on an "if in doubt, flag it" principle, which is what I tried to encourage on TVT.