Report Bugs Here

Comments

• edited 2012-05-01 20:45:33
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I keep getting these weird pop-up 404 errors on occasion:

What's bizarre is they're usually the URL of the page that's already loaded, as with this one. Is anyone else getting these?

Edit: An unrelated bug: when an image in a post is resized, like this one, clicking on it shows it full size but clicking on it again doesn't return it to the smaller size, which is inconvenient.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I haven't been getting those errors.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Nor me.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Nor I.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You guys suck. :P
    Okay, I admit it. I do. ^_~
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    CA: What version of Chromium is that? I'm running 18.0.1025.151 here and I haven't seen anything odd.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    19.0.1084.36 beta, apparently.
    Hmmm. It looks like it may be trying to be a bit too smart, and treating the site as if URL rewriting is on (something I haven't done yet).
  • Not getting anything like that.

In other news, bluh, ABP.
    Those in the Probation role can comment on users' walls, I think.
  • I've been getting a bug where it's automatically saving drafts of posts I'm working on without me pushing the save draft button.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I'm not sure if that's a bug or a feature. I've noticed it too.
  • edited 2012-05-02 22:35:48
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    I don't think that's a bug. I like it a lot actually, in case I don't finish typing but forget to save or something.

It definitely happened before we moved, at any rate.
    It seems to happen very quickly.
    I think it autosaves drafts after a certain amount of time. The old forum did it too, but the time period here is much shorter.
    It's a useful feature to me. I see no problem with it.
  • I see. Find it mildly annoying personally, but it's not big deal.
  • edited 2012-05-02 23:40:25
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    It depends on the situation whether I like the draft autosave or not. If it's a long post that I really want to keep, it's very useful. If it's a shorter post that I'm having second thoughts about, it can be a bit irksome to have to go into my drafts and delete it.

But overall, I wouldn't object to keeping it.
    It's fine except it does it a little too soon for my liking.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    I like it, if only because I keep tabbing to "Back to Discussions" and losing what I've written by mistake. >_>
    I keep getting email notifications when someone responds to an Activity post, even though I have them turned off in the preferences.
  • I'd like to report Bunny for being an adorable cuddlebug. :3

(*Absconds*)
    real bugs only, please
    Has anyone else had trouble getting the site to load tonight?

It's intermittent, but...
    No.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Nope.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Fine for me.
    Fine for me as well.
    No problems here, either.
    Alright, I guess I'll try clearing my cache and all that stuff.
    This happened on the Activity page:

...So something about that specific comment screws up the avatar sizes. Bizarre.
    No, just commenting on peoples' pages.
    Look again. There are a bunch of instances of people commenting on other people's pages, but the two that broke it are that specific comment on DW's page.

Haha, it's totes specific to DW, and it seems just about any comment will work. It doesn't line break with her like it does with other people.
    Is it because she has no avatar right now? It seems weird, but still.

Viani and Squid pretty much confirmed it was not having an avatar the leads to the bug.
  • edited 2012-05-13 17:22:26
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Well, this site, unlike the Vanilla-hosted version of the forum, has no default avatar (which was the Facebook default profile picture).

Perhaps I'll whip one up; it would just be the "HH" monogram in a 65x65 square colored like the tops of user-facing pages.

(not ambigram!)
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-05-13 17:24:20

Ah, ninja'd by two minutes.

I like the other one better anyway. It's bigger.
    I was originally going to simply shrink this, but the "HH" looked too dominating at the smaller size to me.

Yay! Default avatars!
  • edited 2012-05-14 00:07:44
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I switched on the Gravatar plugin, which probably puts up the default Facebook picture if I understand correctly (said picture is in the Gravatar folder in Vanilla).

I told lee to switch out the Facebook picture for my HH one, but he is going to wait until later for that.

...this was enough to fix the Activity page glitch. Huh.

I still want the new default avatar, though.
    I do too, especially as the default default avatar is only 48x48, so it's all blown up here...
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Here's a bug I've only seen on mobile devices: the post box stretches as one types in it, making it so you have to scroll almost the length of the page just to submit a post.
    Ooh, I get that one too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Posting this from my Samsung Galaxy Tab, where the post box is behaving just the way it should.
  • Good thing you're keeping tabs on it.