Does 2010 feel like ancient history to you?

Sure does to me...

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    idk it's hard to say

like yeah it definitely feels like it happened in the past, looking back at fashions or events from that time is like looking at something out of a history book

but looking back at stuff that happened in my own life it's like, man what have i been doing all this time?  how can it have been eight years?
  • edited 2018-05-07 16:47:25
    No, it feels quite recent to me.

In fact, the mid 00s feel recent to me.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    It was yesterday.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    a bit yeah.  also i think at that point i was pretty much in the worst part of my depression so
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    More-or-less.
  • Anything before 2017 feels like ancient history right now.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    or rather, November 2016?

i feel that, too, although the break from the previous era wasn't instantaneous (the Brexit referendum and before that the GamerGate movement were omens that the end was nigh)
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Anything before September 2015.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Crystal said:

More-or-less.

But I've also gone on record as my memory not being the best, which definitely contributes just in general.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Summer of 2016 is a very obvious breaking point for me, for reasons I'm sure you're all familiar with.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    honestly the biggest breaking point for me is summer of 2012 because that's when i moved across the country for grad school
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Summer 2014 was kinda big for me. (Gender epiphany) And winter 2016-17. (Starting various health treatments)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Nothing has happened in more than a decade.
  • See I miss stuff like this.

Back in MY day when we caught politicians molesting people we made them quote Pokemon movies and sent them on their way.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ...was that John Stewart actually being funny?