PS Vue asks if you're still Vueing after four hours of inactivity

And goes to sleep if you don't confirm "OK"

Like, is it me, or is the end of "leaving the TV on all night and not having it go to sleep" coming?

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'm pretty sure my cable box does the same thing.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Our old DirecTV boxes (1999-2011, 2003-2011) didn't...
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Why would you leave the TV on all night?  How would you sleep?  Even if it was muted, wouldn't the buzzing noise keep you up all night?  And wouldn't the anxiety of leaving something electronic on (and thus wasting electricity) keep you up? (As a kid, I used to sneak out of bed and unplug the VCR and microwave because I was worried that the little clock-lights were wasting electricity).
  • My dad goes to sleep with the TV on, and it's part of why he can never sleep well.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    for real tho, why would you do this
  • Some people fall asleep better with a bit of white noise.  TV doesn't really work for that though, because the light makes other shit happen to how your brain winds down.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I always go to bed with some white noise type stuff on, but that's, uh. Actually useful.