The appeal of eSports

Okay I am not sure I know how to get into eSports at all

Speaking as someone who enjoys video games, and a good sport

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Same as sports but applied to various competitive games on a frequently more individual level. The appeal of seeing good physical sports plays is no different from seeing high-level game play, in principle. Like with Games Done Quick, it's watching people be really good at such-and-such game... and then extending that to two skilled players battling it out. But if you don't care for the competitive side of gaming, well, there you go.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    see like I get the appeal of watching other people play video games but it's just like

really weird, like

the picture on Wikipedia? KeyArena (former home of the SuperSonics) filled up with people watching video games on a big screen, purple light everywhere

It's like something out of an anime
    and you have like, esports stars, you have pro sports team owners buying esports teams
    It is kinda weird, although I am admittedly a little surprised it's weird to you at all? Not that I could effectively articulate why (at least right now, when tired).
  • the appeal is

its' like sports

but e
    i am like those old people who hate soccer aren't i
    i am one of the few people my age i know who did not love pokémon or beyblade to pieces

maybe that explains things on my end
    Hm. Probably, yeah, in a way.