proof that im a woman w/ dreadful priorities

i spent years equivocating about how Dan Savage Isnt That Bad Actually and then i started reading his book about adopting his child and in the first three pages he fucking disrespected Bjork and now he is dead to me

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    On one hand wow Millie, on the other

That's fair
  • Dan Savage is going to have to face an Army of Me
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Intended reading of the title: Proof that I'm (a woman with dreadful priorities)

How my mind initially parsed it: (Proof with dreadful priorities) that I'm a woman

The latter doesn't even make any sense!!
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Fred Savage: The Wonder Years
    Adam Savage: Mythbusters
    Dan Savage: ???
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    also Ben Savage
  • vtk said:

Fred Savage: The Wonder Years
    Adam Savage: Mythbusters
    Dan Savage: ???

Dan Savage is a gay man who is a somewhat notable sex advice columnist, witty, crude

He has faced some controversy for suggesting that bi people should specifically seek out other bi people to date, in a way that definitely seems to have rather biphobic subtext (ethically dubious), and also insisting that he's allowed to say tranny (actively bad, though he has since apologized)

people who hold these things against him tend to do so less because they are actively concerned about those specific things and more because they're mad at him for being very staunchly sex-positive
  • but then, he had to go and fucking DISRESPECT BJORK
  • also apparently this photo of him was for some time wikipedia's image illustrating "a guy in a t-shirt" for their entry on tshirts

ALSO also he started the It Gets Better thing, if you remember that
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    This was what happened with doppleme where I was all like "He believes some dumb shit but he's in a lot of pain you guys", but then he badmouthed the first Nier
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    He is also the reason everyone laughs at Rick Santorum's name.
  • edited 2018-04-06 02:11:41

Intended reading of the title: Proof that I'm (a woman with dreadful priorities)

How my mind initially parsed it: (Proof with dreadful priorities) that I'm a woman

The latter doesn't even make any sense!!
    proving that i'm a woman, by way of using dreadful priorities as a component of the proof
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Jane said:

he sure is a guy with a t-shirt

• do dreadful priorities count as a verbal, somatic, or material component