Let's Plays and other commentated gaming videos

edited 2012-04-15 16:23:49 in General
A place to talk about our favorite Let's Plays, or ones we just happen to be watching.

Currently, I'm following The Runaway Guys, SuperJeenius's Persona 3 FES LP, and bits and pieces of Gaming with the Kwings. I also just finished watching Dodger from The Game Station play Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper.

Comments

• The sadness will last forever.
    What about AVGN and other reviewers like him? Do they count too?
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    You know, I haven't actually thought about that before. I don't think video reviews are quite the same as Let's Plays, though there are some people who do both, like Kwing.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I only follow one Let's Play person, that being Raocow. I find his stream-of-consciousness commentary to be...pleasant, I guess. Also, he plays a lot of hacks of Super Mario World, which is a game I fondly recall from my youth.

I'm currently in the middle of his Super Mario World Central Production playthrough.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Pokecapn is funny
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    The only Let's Plays I watch are those of the Two Best Friends and my friend, JumersVacation. At the moment he's playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R, but he's also done things like F.E.A.R., Megaman Legends, Sonic Adventure 2, Condemned: Criminal Origins, and Half-Life 2 (with me!)
  • I like Cry-Cry, Helloween, Mike Mnemonic, and raocow.

• It's 4:20 somewhere.
    Someone already mentioned Two Best Friends. Another one I follow is the Rage Quit series.

• ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Yogscast is also funny at times