Whiteboards vs. Blackboards

Which do you prefer?

I say you can't go wrong with a classic blackboard. Unless you're allergic to chalk dust, I guess. But if you're not, blackboards rule.

Comments

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I prefer whiteboards in the very specific case of none of the markers being dead.  if there's a high chance of markers being dead i prefer blackboards.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    blackboards, because i'm analog
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Full disclosure: I have a whiteboard above my desk because it's much easier to find reasonably-sized whiteboards for personal use than blackboards.
  • Whiteboards.

Because fridge magnets.
  • I can deal with blackboards but I typically prefer whiteboards, mostly because dry erase was what I had around since middle school or so
  • whiteboards because i have sensory issues w/ blackboards
  • Blackboards for sure. I don't know if I can fully articulate why but somehow it's just a better experience.

Though I agree with Calica inasmuch as the whiteboard experience is much more tolerable with fresh markers.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    this is all very racist
  • Dry-erase boards are less messy than chalkboards.
  • edited 2018-03-01 08:35:14
    ಠ_ಠ
    When I was in Year 6 (10/11 years old), my classroom was the only one in the school that had a blackboard.

They replaced it with an interactive whiteboard when I left.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2018-03-01 09:14:45
    Whiteboards.  Blackboards are horrible horrible things that leave chalk dust everywhere and make this awful screechy sound just from drawing on them.

Also chalk dust has long-term health implications because it accumulates in your respiratory system (i.e., if you're a lecturer and use it on a daily basis), and goes pretty much everywhere when you erase.  Whiteboards, at worst, mean you need to rub your fingertip with a wet-wipe.
  • But you can't do this as easily on a whiteboard.