Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    You're some guy standing partly out of frame with a list of philosophers behind him?
  • I'm not sure Dawkins counts as a philosopher so much as a Dude With Opinions.  At least Rand was polite enough to actually outline her detestable philosophy coherently beyond just being angry at people she didn't like.
  • Bertold Brecht
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Is Chomsky that much of a philosopher either? I mostly know of him as a linguist who has political opinions.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    OK fine, not philosophers necessarily, just People Who Believe They Have Something To Say.
  • I can't even think of Chomsky anymore without seeing the watermelon picture.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it depends how broadly you define philosopher.

Chomsky is definitely a linguist first and foremost, but he's had sufficient influence on the analytic tradition that it would be difficult to justify putting together a history of said tradition and leaving him out entirely.  similar to Godel, Tarski and Turing.  You can't say the same for Dawkins, nor Rand for that matter.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
  • Obā-san said:

Bertold Brecht

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    they didn't spellcheck
  • Whoever wrote this has very nice handwriting.
  • Speaking a a programmer with ungodly chicken scratch, I'm always jealous of people who can make things look nice.  Doubly so on a whiteboard where you have to use your whole arm.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I remember watching an episode of Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide where there was really neat handwriting on a chalkboard...and coming to the realization that filmmakers and TV producers probably specifically have the person with the neatest handwriting write on the board, rather than just having the actors do it themselves.
  • Well yeah.  If Kevin Sorbo actually tried to write all that it would be in Greek and he'd accidentally smash the wall.