When I was a kid

I thought the non-ending of Stuart Little was some deep and profound statement but no, it turns out White just died before he finished it

Comments

• kill living beings
    wait wait wait, back the fuck up, it was written by white, as in strunk and white? shit
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Huh you didn't know that?

He wrote Charlotte's Web too
  • kill living beings
    i thought strunk and white were like, english professors. people who only wrote about writing
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Well maybe Strunk was
  • wait wait wait, back the fuck up, it was written by white, as in strunk and white? shit

this reminds me, for a long time i didnt realize that utilitarian bentham and panopticon bentham were the same dude

i just somehow assumed it was two different dudes named bentham who both just really liked surveillance
  • edited 2018-02-04 01:37:52

i thought strunk and white were like, english professors. people who only wrote about writing

I think strunk was that
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I think strunk was that
    Apparently Strunk was White's English teacher
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I knew White as the author of Charlotte's Web long before I knew about the Strunk-White writing thing.

So I had the opposite sort of surprise
  • I knew White as the author of Charlotte's Web long before I knew about the Strunk-White writing thing.

This was my experience also.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

I knew White as the author of Charlotte's Web long before I knew about the Strunk-White writing thing.

Oh hey, me too.

I read Stuart Little at a summer camp for "gifted and talented" students the summer after 6th grade. It was held at a university in Delaware, Ohio and we were in a dorm with no air conditioning, so we were all sitting around with fans running and drinking loads of Coke (because as kids we didn't know that Coke doesn't keep you hydrated). It was...an experience, for sure.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    The first I'd heard of Strunk & White was in the xkcd comic, Strunk/White
    Coke doesn't keep you hydrated????!?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I don't think Coke actually has enough caffeine to be a full diuretic but it does make you need to pee more than water does
    Also what is this, Stuart Little was published in 1945 and White died in 1985. 40 years wasn't enough to think of an ending?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I think that was the joke.
    I can never tell if it's joke