this opinion might make me a crotchetty asshole but

Bizarro, while occasionally amusing has always struck me as like, a second-rate Far Side that only exists because The Far Side isnt around anymore

Comments

• nah this seems pretty accurate
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    second or even third-rate
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

nah this seems pretty accurate

• My dreams exceed my real life
    Obā-san said:

Bizarro, while occasionally amusing has always struck me as like, a second-rate Far Side that only exists because The Far Side isnt around anymore

This is way kinder than what 90% of the people in the thread I get it from think
  • i assume that they are constantly calling for the cartoonist to be sterilized or something
    still too kind
    Jane said:

the superman character??

It's a comic strip

Obā-san said:

i assume that they are constantly calling for the cartoonist to be sterilized or something

The guy who does Bizarro is a center-left vegetarian and occasionally he puts his politics into the strip in a way that's generally not funny and occasionally vaguely dumb in a "millennials these days with their safe spaces and 500 genders" and they tend to read into even the non-political ones to have bad political messages

Also GoComics is howling for his blood, but that's because the comments section there is all weird uncles
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-12-23 00:28:00
    Oh you mean a different thread.  I was gonna say I didn't remember seeing our thread throw the kind of vitriol at Bizarro that we typically save for Working Daze or Gilchrist.  Or even say much about it at all.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Oh Myr hates Rose is Rose so much
    justifiably so
    So much
    Probably less than the previously mentioned shitshows, because Rose is Rose bothers to draw backgrounds and afaik is not drawn by a pill-popping sexual predator
  • edited 2017-12-23 00:55:33

My problem with RiR is that the artstyle feels very, indistinct

It's too busy and can often take some puzzling out, it's not... really suited to a newspaper comic format?
  • I mean I hate Rose is Rose because it's literally nothing but shallow glurge.  Like, shallower than actual cartoons made for kids.
  • it's got

schmaltz
  • my mom liked it the few times it was in a newspaper we had on hand. I think that says a lot, given my mom's taste in things

(hint: she thinks God's Not Dead is the best movie of the past 25 years)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Rose is Rose has Biker Rose though
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    I keep reading updates to this thread because I keep forgetting it's about a webcomic I've never heard of
  • Anonus said:

Rose is Rose has Biker Rose though

I mean biker rose strips are better than the rest but they're still usually not like, good
    vtk said:

I keep reading updates to this thread because I keep forgetting it's about a webcomic I've never heard of

it's a newspaper comic

• vtk said:

i know thus feel