In the immortal words of a libertarian who really wants to get out of having to pay taxes

"labor is entitled to all it creates"

Comments

• I put in my labor, creating this business, so I'm entitled to all it creates
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Still not sure I create surplus value at my work

Or like, really create much at all
  • edited 2017-12-16 19:59:29
    blah blah liberty blah blah truly free blah blah quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson blah blah really inapplicable analogy blah blah
  • My biggest coding project at my last job had a negative line count.  Do I have to pay them for cleaning up terrible legacy code?
  • edited 2017-12-17 06:22:48
    "It is necessary to give full attribution, dignity and otherwise, to remunerate to each man what is due to him based on the fruits of his labor." - Clearly Thomas Jefferson And Not Something I Just Found Somewhere On The Internet
  • extremely not so but maybe just a tad yes
    something something Wilt Chamberlain example
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I don't make the roads or build the hospital. I don't educate the eye-doctor who works in the hospital, or cut the trees for the paper of the textbooks that teach the eye-doctor. I don't make the electricity for the machines that make the medications I take, and I don't mine or melt the metals in my glasses.

Behind everything I am, everything I see and do, is the work of a thousand people. Society has blessed me with the infrastructure of a world in which I can survive, and to pass on the same gift to the future, I must contribute to society.

There are legitimate differences of opinion on the extent to which this infrastructure should be tax- funded, and what the best use of limited resources would be, but to deny the social contract altogether and disavow all obligation to society is sheer foolishness.