My GamePlayer32 won't accept this burned CD of Anonymous Avenue's Chicago Adventure

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    the fact that neither of us have ever been there at the same time
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

the fact that neither of us have ever been there at the same time

Well we'll just have to fix that sometime. :3
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I was in Chicago once

it was windy
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I was in Chicago once

it was windy

I was in Chicago twice! One time was for a layover though
  • I read a book set in chicago once
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I've been to O'Hare for layovers a couple times and once spent the night in a hotel due to a cancelled flight, but that's about it.
  • edited 2017-12-12 03:25:52
    I've been to Chicago once but when I was very young.

^ I've been to Japan twice for airport layovers; never stepped out of the international terminal as far as I know.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    If we're counting layovers, then it was twice for me. But I was really young and have only the vaguest memory of it.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion

I was in Chicago once

it was windy

Same here. The wind blowing around mid-rise buildings created vortices that totally fucked up a bunch of temporary tents at a street fair of some kind.
  • so i hear the Chicago River was engineered to run backwards?
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion

so i hear the Chicago River was engineered to run backwards?

Yeah, it originally flowed into Lake Michigan, but the lake was becoming very polluted from the city. There was also a strong demand for a water route between the Great Lakes and the Mississippi river system. A canal connecting the Chicago River to the Des Plaines River, engineered to draw water from Lake Michigan, solved both problems.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    I was sure I'd put a link in that comment. Look for Chicago Sanitary And Ship Canal on Wikipedia.