Iterations on a few basic game concepts

Concept 1: 
Game for 2 players.

Deck of 2 cards. One labeled "1" and the other labeled "2." Each player is dealt a hand of one card. Each player plays their card. Whoever has the higher number wins.

Concept 1-1:
Game for n players.

Deck of x cards. Cards labeled 1 to x. Each player is dealt a hand of x/n cards. Play proceeds for x/n-1 rounds. Every round, each player plays a card from their hand. Whoever has the highest value puts the card they played in their own Score pile, every other player puts their cards in the communal discard pile. After x/n-1 rounds have passed, each player will have 1 card remaining in their hand. That card is then placed directly in the Score pile. Whoever has a score pile with the highest total value wins.

Concept 1-2:
Game for n players.

Deck of x cards.  Cards have three values, labeled first, second, and third. The first two are randomly assigned from 1 to y. The third is assigned 1 to x (meaning that each card will have two random values and one unique value). Each player is dealt a hand of x/n cards. Play proceeds for x/n rounds. Every round, each player plays a card.  The values on each card are compared. Each card gains a single point for each value it possesses that is the highest value of its label (first, second, third) in play. Whoever played the card with the highest total point value wins the round, and all cards put in play are placed in that player's Score pile. After x/n rounds have passed and all players have run out of cards, whoever has the most cards in their score pile wins.

Concept 1-2-1-*:

Game for n players.

Deck of x cards and a z sided die. Cards have z sets (labeled 1 through z) of two values (labeled first and second), plus a final set (labeled with a marker denoting its uniqueness such as an asterisk, and labeled the final set) of a single value. Every value in sets 1 through z on each card is assigned randomly from 1 to y.  The value in the final set is assigned a value 1 through x, meaning that each card will have z sets of 2 random values as well as 1 set of 1 unique value.

Variant 1 (Concept 1-2-1-1)
At the beginning of the game, the die is rolled for a and every player is dealt a hand of x/n cards. Play proceeds for x/n rounds. Every round, each player plays a card from their hand. The values on each card from set a as well as the final set are compared. Each card gains a single point for each value in the set it possesses that is the highest value of that label on the table. Whoever played the card with the highest total point value wins the round, and all cards put in play are placed in that player's Score pile. After x/n rounds have passed and all players have run out of cards, whoever has the most cards in their score pile wins.

Variant 2 (Concept 1-2-1-2)

Every player is dealt a hand of x/n cards. Play proceeds for x/n rounds. Every round, the die is rolled for a and then each player plays a card from their hand. The values on each card from set a as well as the final set are compared. Each card gains a single point for each value in the set it possesses that is the highest value of that label on the table. Whoever played the card with the highest total point value wins the round, and all cards put in play are placed in that player's Score pile. After x/n rounds have passed and all players have run out of cards, whoever has the most cards in their score pile wins.

Variant 3 (Concept 1-2-1-3)

Every player is dealt a hand of x/n cards. Play proceeds for x/n rounds. Every round, each player plays a card from their hand, and then the die is rolled for . The values on each card from set a as well as the final set are compared. Each card gains a single point for each value in the set it possesses that is the highest value of that label on the table. Whoever played the card with the highest total point value wins the round, and all cards put in play are placed in that player's Score pile. After x/n rounds have passed and all players have run out of cards, whoever has the most cards in their score pile wins.

Possible rule change to C1-2-*-*: The third value/final set, ie the unique value on each card
is only compared for the sake of scoring in the event of a tie, and is only compared between the cards that have an equal amount of points.

...that's all I have for now. I'll periodically update this thread for my own amusement.

Comments

• kill living beings
    I don't usually say this, but it might be time for some game theory.
  • You know

many times have I done game-making thought experiments and just ended up at game theory
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    is Link DEAD
  • Hexartes said:

You know

many times have I done game-making thought experiments and just ended up at game theory
    but it's just a theory

*I distort as though seen through a bent pane of glass, and my voice becomes drenched in reverb and echo as I float upwards toward the sun* A GAME THEORY
  • ^ i still hate that guy's style
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    These look like elaborate trick-taking games

• Calica said:

These look like elaborate trick-taking games

I kinda thought when reading it that concept 1-1 is a simple trick-taking game but it kinda went in a different direction than those normally do. Loosely maybe they all still qualify though.

Also I might be dense but I don't get what it means that the values are assigned randomly.
  • I mean that you just arbitrarily assign values for those sets, while you assign the other value in sequence.

So like if you had a three card deck for C1-2, the deck could consist of cards labeled [1, 4, 1] [5, 3, 2] [2, 2, 3], or maybe [3, 2, 1] [2, 1, 2] [5, 5, 3] and I could keep making random sets forever but I think you get my point maybe?