Every few weeks

I have a semi-nightmare about how there is a college class I signed up for, but am forgetting to go to, and will surely fail at the end of the semester

I think it took the place of going to school naked dreams

Comments

• It's fucked up that I've had this dream

I never had the naked ones

But this one I've had
  • kill living beings
    i'm pretty glad i've apparently mostly decided i already came up with the worst possible nightmare so i can stop now
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Odradek said:

I have a semi-nightmare about how there is a college class I signed up for, but am forgetting to go to, and will surely fail at the end of the semester

I think it took the place of going to school naked dreams

Hey, same!
  • This one is I guess quite common, there's an xkcd about it even.

I don't think I've had it though, my dreams about school make much less sense.
  • My mother has also had this dream
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    I've been out of school for years and I still have this dream sometimes.
  • Odradek said:

oh gosh I'm not the only one.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    I’ve had this dream, too.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    MetaFour said:

I've been out of school for years and I still have this dream sometimes.

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I have this dream.  My dad had this dream for years after he graduated, my mom had this dream, my grandparents all had this dream.  My brother and sisters have this dream.  I thought it was only my family, some sort of inherited nightmare.
  • edited 2017-11-27 18:47:58
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    My theory is that the stress of finals is such that a piece of the soul gets caught on the jagged edges of the semester, and says trapped in time.  Part of you is still there, trapped in that time.  You stop having that dream when the piece of your soul escapes and finds its way back to the rest of you.
  • edited 2017-11-27 19:12:35
    Aliroz said:

My theory is that the stress of finals is such that a piece of the soul gets caught on the jagged edges of the semester, and says trapped in time.  Part of you is still there, trapped in that time.  You stop having that dream when the piece of your soul escapes and finds its way back to the rest of you.

This is actually really close to my "premise" for my idea of a Castlevania game set on a modified college campus (which will sadly never get made but whatever).

It's because my soul has never really left MIT.  I still want to do some of the things I did when I was there.  I'm still fond of the place, or at least what it was like when I was there.  And I'd like to be able to "fulfill" those thoughts by being able to relive those experiences anew but metaphorically trumph over them, and that includes dreading the incoming dawn (in real life, because it meant that hard deadlines were quickly approaching) and the huge gymnasium atop Walker Memorial Hall (which was regularly used to hold examinations).  In my game design idea, the sunlight becomes an oncoming dawn, timed with the music, which regularly shines a beam of brilliant light through one of the final areas and obliterates everything in its path, and the gymnasium becomes Dracula's throne room and the site of the final confrontation.