Let's say you bought Buena Vista Television...

...and included in the transaction were the rights to Bill Nye the Science Guy. All of them. TV rights, in every part of the world. Home video rights. Streaming rights.

One catch: Disney doesn't necessarily know they sold the show to you. They kinda didn't give a shit, much like Sumner Redstone didn't when he cleaved the rights to Star Trek in two.

How pissed would they be upon finding out? Would you cede the rights back to them if they offered you money for them?
Tagged:

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Haha Disney, he's MINE now!!
  • kill living beings
    i'd release all rights to everything into the public domain because intellectual prroprety is a spooky
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    so your thinking is to give Bill Nye the Science Guy to the people and not "DAMMIT I WANT MONEY"
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    if I had some property that Disney wanted, I'd release it into the public domain just to piss them off
  • i'd release all rights to everything into the public domain because intellectual prroprety is a spooky

if I had some property that Disney wanted, I'd release it into the public domain just to piss them off

• edited 2017-11-20 05:45:35
    Yeah, basically, y'know, when you go through life, you try to accumulate money, enough money to live comfortably on, and hopefully a little more.

If you get lucky, you get a lot more.  And if getting a lot more means you get something like this in the course of a business transaction?

This is the kind of thing you want to burn your money on.

If you sold it back to them, you'd be just another investor.

But if you put it out to public domain, you'd be a hero to millions of people.

You might get to spout your life's philosophy on a TEDx talk that people share left and right.  You might even get your own Wikipedia page.