Can we talk about how Samsung's versions of the gay couple emojis clearly depict twincest?

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    or making kissy faces in the mirror
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    selfcest
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Most of the other emoji sets at least have some variation between the two people, but the Samsung ones are literally copypasted and...you know, the more I think about it, the less I understand why Samsung even made their own emoji.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    samsung just had to be different

*replaces the FxF one with Anna/Elsa*
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anna/Elsa isn't twincest. D-.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    closeenough.jpg
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Elsa/Elsa.
  • edited 2017-10-20 07:34:39
    Hollywood said:

Elsa/Elsa.

Y'know that funny feeling you get when you see some distinctive name used in two different places and you're like "wait, I thought that this was a unique and meaningful name to me, except it's not actually".  And since we can, let's try to ship them.

edit: actually let's move these to another thread since i wrote a bunch
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    Seems to me Samsung makes a large number of comically strange choices with its emoji designs.

Seems to me Samsung makes a large number of comically strange choices with its emoji designs.

That's rather an understatement, I'd say.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Hollywood said:

Elsa/Elsa.

you're making a rezero joke here right
    Nop.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Yeah, don't be silly, she'd rather ship Elsa with Elsa.
    :3
    I know a girl called Elsa
    she's into Alka-Seltzer
  • i thought there is an NPR correspondent named Elsa Chang

except it turns out she's actually named Ailsa Chang
    Further laziness on Samsung's part: The upside-down face is literally just the smiley face rotated 180 degrees—they didn't even bother to make sure the lighting and shadow were in the correct orientation.

In context it makes it look like that one emoji is concave while all the others are convex.

bottom row middle is kinda creepy
    hmm, so it is
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    :o
  • Further laziness on Samsung's part: The upside-down face is literally just the smiley face rotated 180 degrees—they didn't even bother to make sure the lighting and shadow were in the correct orientation.

Well, if you turn yourself upside down and look at someone, their lighting and shadow are still going to be in the same orientation.
    Let's be honest, that's far more thought than Samsung's designers ever put into it.