I wrote a check today for the first time ever.

Or "cheque", if you're not American.

It turns out when you cancel your TWC/Spectrum service, they delete your online account, so I couldn't go pay my bill online like I usually do.

So I actually took out a checkbook—why do I even have one of those?—and wrote a check to mail in.

Weird.

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I haven't even seen a chequebook in years. I have one, but it's in a safe. Probably.
  • I've never even had a chequebook.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    i have to use one to pay my rent
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Wait you've never written a check before?
  • Calica said:

i have to use one to pay my rent

I was quite happy to learn that my landlord prefers e-transfer.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

Wait you've never written a check before?

Nope!
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I have written many checks, but not in a long while.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    It's generally good to have a few checks on hand. Sometimes certain businesses are only able to take check or money order.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    It is a good idea to have your bank print you off a page sometime to put in your billfold so you have them before you need them. There's no reason to get a whole book if you aren't going to use them frequently.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Most of the places that I can't pay with a credit card (which are vanishingly few these days) I can pay through bill pay, and they handle writing and sending the check for me. I haven't had to buy checks or write one out longhand in A While.
  • edited 2017-09-20 14:38:28
    I've used checks for many years...including paying rent.