"Windows Task Manager (Not Responding)"

edited 2012-03-30 16:18:16 in General
i'm going to kill you

Comments

• edited 2012-03-29 23:18:35
    Yo dawg! We heard you liked programs not responding, so we made your task manager not respond so you can't close your nonresponsive programs 'cuz the program you close them with won't respond.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    WINDOWSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Have you tried rebuilding the desktop?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Did anyone ever figure out what the fuck "rebuilding the desktop" supposedly did, anyways?
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    I don't even remember the context.

But aaaah, nostalgia~

• CTRL ALT DELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!1

KILL IT WITH FIRE AND BLAST IT WITH PISS

(the comic, though the key combo is irritating as well)
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I guess it's good in that there's pretty much no chance of one hitting the combo accidentally, but it's very hard to do it with one hand.

This probably comes up a lot more one the other hand is holding a baby...

Windows Button + "R" >> "taskmgr" is pretty useful, though.

I HATE when one's computer is so borked that even Task Manager won't come to the rescue...
  • My task manager, taskbar, and in at least one case, the desktop itself have often frozen and glitched into white-tinted horror.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Best thing was when my laptop used to completely freeze, and nothing would restart it short of unplugging it and removing the battery to cut all power.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Usually I find when it gets to the point where the Task Manager freezes, I have no other choice but to just turn off the computer manually and restart it.

Never had it so bad that I had to take the battery out...that must suck if you have a laptop like AU's where you can't get the battery out without buying some weird proprietary screwdrivers.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    It pisses me off too.
    I'd actually started this thread from my Android phone while I was fighting with my laptop, which is why (until just now) it didn't have any tags.
  • You know what's annoying? Getting a BSOD, Googling it, and finding out that there is no fix. BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER!!!!!! >:/

And it happens once a week or so.
    Ooh, that sucks. :(