Some buses have ONLY sideways seats

What's up with that? Is it supposed to make for more standing room?

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    to induce motion sickness
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god

What's up with that? Is it supposed to make for more standing room?

Yep, and it works, too. It's good for buses that often have many people using them at once.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I suppose that's why Ohio State has started using them, then. The Campus Loop buses that run to and from the commuter student parking lots tend to fill up fast at peak hours, to the point where you often simply have to wait for the next bus because there isn't even standing room left.
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    I thought Campus Loop North and Campus Loop South served the West Campus parking lots, while Commuter Express served the Commuter lots. I suppose some things could have changed in the last ten years or so...
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For Autumn 2017 they moved all the commuter students from West Campus to the Buckeye Lot near Ackerman, and rerouted the Campus Loop North/South accordingly.

They also added a new "West Campus" route that basically serves the old Campus Loop North route to the West Campus lots, but said lots are mostly staff parking now.

It's a mess.