where to put a bed in a bedroom

imagine lying on your bed. draw a line starting from your head to your feet (or the other way). extend this line both ways.

1. does this line run through the door to your bedroom?
2. regardless of whether it does, do you feel it's okay for this to happen?

Comments

• where to put a bed? in a bedroom
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    1. no
    2. yes, i guess?  why wouldn't it be
  • actual answer: none of the bedrooms I've ever slept in have had that, and for some reason it does seem slightly weird
    i mean now you mention it i don't think i've ever seen that
    oh, wait, my brother's bed used to be like that
  • In most of the rooms I've had, the bed axis has been perpendicular to the door axis.

In the case it was parallel the bed and door were in opposite corners.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Rather than try to describe it, I just drew where these things are in relation to each other in my room:

• mine is like that except the bed is against the wall where the door is
  • Tachyon said:

1. no

2. yes, i guess?  why wouldn't it be
    it's apparently frowned upon according to fung shui
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

mine is like that except the bed is against the wall where the door is

I used to have mine against the right (in that picture) wall but I moved it when Grandma bought an electric fireplace for this room.
  • edited 2017-08-23 04:01:50
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
  • kill living beings
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Rather than try to describe it, I just drew where these things are in relation to each other in my room:

I always thought that was kind of an awkward setup
    Anonus said:

I always thought that was kind of an awkward setup
    It kind of is, but: this way we could potentially both get in and out of bed without having to bother the other
  • My bed is parallel to the walking-through-the-door axis.
  • edited 2017-08-23 16:30:43
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    A cute observation: whenever Anonus and I share a bed, he sleeps on the side nearest the door and I sleep on the other side
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Actually, the side with the most space near it

Our hotel in August of 2015 was laid out opposite to our usual
    So the door thing was a coincidence, eh? I thought it was you being protective of me.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    My bedroom proper is an attic where the headboard is against the far wall in the middle of one half of the room while the door is at the bottom of a spiral staircase along the opposite wall and thus faces *away* from the bed about seven feet or so below it.
  • 1. no
    2. as long as there's a direct line, diagonal or otherwise, from the edge of my bed to the door I'm good
  • actual answer: none of the bedrooms I've ever slept in have had that, and for some reason it does seem slightly weird

Tachyon said:

i mean now you mention it i don't think i've ever seen that

probably because the bed is usually a centerpiece in the room, rather than off to a side, which is basically required in order for the bed to face the door directly