What Color Are You?

edited 2012-03-27 23:56:39 in General
A little delve into colors. You ask what is a color? This is a color as said by Sir Isaac Newton: when pure white light passes through a prism, it separates into all of the visible colors. Colors play with your emotions they can either make you feel calm and relaxed, or make you have a high blood pressure or become irritated/tense.

On to business what is your favorite color?

Pick the color you like best and see what you are below! After describe why you think this color represents you and what would you change about the color to suit yourself more?

Blue: Blue is said to make you feel tranquil and secure and it can also be the color to make you feel sad or aloof. Blue is said to make you feel more productive, it is the color most preferred by men. Blue berries are preferred if you are the color blue.

Red: Red is the color of strong emotions, red is also the color of warmth, love and comfort. It can be the color that creates great feelings of excitement and intensity. Red is considered the angry color. Red's favorite fruit is either a watermelon, strawberries or raspberries!

Pink: Pink is considered the love color. Pink is said to have a calming effect. This is supposed to make a person feel calm and at peace, however studies have shown that people who are in prison that have been associated with the color pink become agitated. Pink's favorite fruit is a grape fruit.

Yellow: Yellow is said to be cheery and warm. Yellow is said to be fatiguing to the eye because of the light reflected back. Yellow can cause feelings of frustration and anger. Yellow is an attention getter! Yellow's favorite fruit is the banana.

Green: Green is the color of nature. Green is associated with good luck, health, tranquility, and jealousy. Green is said to relieve stress. Green is a person to be around if you are looking to relieve stress, have good health, and good luck. Green's favorite fruit is the kiwi.

Orange: Orange is considered to be an energetic color. Orange is said to cause excitement, enthusiasm and warmth. Orange is an attention grabber. Orange's favorite fruit is the orange!

Information gotten from: http://psychology.about.com/od/sensationandpreception/a/colorpsych.htm
Tagged:

Comments

• edited 2012-03-27 23:57:38
    wow
    not supposed to do that, and fixed vanilla's borking of my document! lol
    -_-

• Sounds like bull.

Blue.
  • Ya, I'm definitely red.
  • edited 2012-03-27 23:48:17
    I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Vanilla's love for borking text claims another victim.

Also pink. Since purple isn't an option. :)
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Blue, duh!
  • edited 2012-03-28 00:59:48
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Blue
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    clear
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I'm a rainbow

Because my state changes quite a bit 8D

And marchino cherries are my favourite dammit!

FENG SHUI HIJACK!

Feng Shui Color Tips
    What colors represent you?
    by Stephanie Dempsey

Color is one of the most powerful Feng Shui cures. It's also one of the easiest to employ. Painting a room a different color can have a profound effect on the way you think and behave. If you want to draw on the transformative power of color, check out the following description of colors, then choose the ones that best suit your dreams, hopes and desires.

Red
    Associated with the fire element, red is the color of passion, excitement and anger. It is the most visible color, prompting viewers to stop and pay attention. Use red wherever you want an energy boost. If you seek a more passionate love life, don't paint your entire bedroom red. Otherwise, you'll never get any sleep. Instead, paint the room an earthier color like chocolate brown and add burgundy accents. Avoid red in places that get lots of sunlight or where arguments are prone to break out.

Orange

A combination of optimistic yellow and passionate red, orange draws people together in the spirit of harmony. This color allows people to express their feelings without fear of reprisal. Incorporate orange wherever you have diverse groups gathering together. This is an ideal color to use in common areas like the kitchen or living room when you're in a blended family, or when you are seeking to integrate a newly adopted child into the household. Avoid orange if you need to develop self-confidence or want to express creativity.

Yellow
    Bright yellow boosts morale and lends cheer. Associated with the sun, yellow is life-giving and energizing. Use this color wherever you want to lift your spirits or find clarity. This is a great color for the kitchen or study. Stay away from yellow if you are concerned with getting old before your time, since yellow is symbolic of aging. Use a muted tone of yellow like honey wheat, or goldenrod in the bedroom if you suffer from depression or health setbacks. Earthy shades of yellow are associated with improved physical strength.

Green
    Associated with the wood element, green is the color of growth. Use green wherever you want to experience inspiration, adventure and change. This is an ideal color for an exercise room or library. You should also incorporate green wherever you feel stuck or stagnant. Avoid green if you have trouble focusing. You should also stay away from this color if you're struggling with cancer. (Green stimulates growth, and cancer patients strive to inhibit the growth of malignant tumors.)

Blue
    Linked with the sky and ocean, blue is the color of reflection and relaxation. This color helps ease anxiety, and is ideal for any space where you want to relax and be yourself. Blue is a perfect color for the bathroom, as this area is associated with release and renewal. Stay away from blue if you have a hard time connecting with people or are prone to depression.

Purple
    Symbolic of royalty, purple is the color of abundance, wealth and power. Use purple wherever you feel deficient or insecure. Purple is also associated with spirituality, and is a wonderful color to integrate into a meditation room, yoga studio or spa. Stay away from purple if you are prone to fantasy or escapism.

Pink
    A combination of intimate white and passionate red, pink is the color of romance. Use pink wherever you want to feel loved, nurtured and cherished. Pink is an ideal color for bedrooms. If this color is too feminine for your taste, you can use it as an accent color. Avoid pink if others take advantage of your generosity.

Brown
    Associated with the earth element, brown is the color of stability. It affords a sense of safety, protection and security. Use brown wherever you want to foster healthy relationships. This is an ideal color for the living room, kitchen or bedroom. Stay away from brown if you have difficulty starting projects or feel like you're stuck in a rut.

Gray
    A blend of intense white and absorbing black, gray is the color of transition. It is an ideal color for waiting rooms and hallways. Stay away from gray if you want to settle on a course of action.

Black
    Absorbing black invites exploration and promotes mystery. Associated with the water element, black is ideal for promoting self-confidence and independence. It is an ideal accent color for any space where you want to assert your power, like an office. Avoid black if you tend to isolate yourself from others.

White
    Associated with the metal element, white is the color of focus, intensity and purity. It promotes creativity, as white acts like a blank canvas. White is a wonderful color for kitchens, particularly if you like inventing recipes or crafting gourmet meals. White is also a good color for an art studio. If you're suffering from cancer, white is a good color to focus upon, as it inhibits the growth of cells. Stay away from white if you are overly critical or have trouble expressing affection.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-03-28 13:48:55
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

To be fair, Feng Shui predates any symbalince of conventional science by probably a thousand years or more.

This, of course, means we should drink mercury to achieve immortality.
  • Well, the feng shui interpretations of purple and white certainly fit a certain somepony to a tee, don't they?

Rarity, of course.
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    "Purple
    Symbolic of royalty, purple is the color of abundance, wealth
    and power. Use purple wherever you feel deficient or insecure. Purple is
    also associated with spirituality, and is a wonderful color to
    integrate into a meditation room, yoga studio or spa. Stay away from
    purple if you are prone to fantasy or escapism."

There's my color~! :D

Oh wait, I'm prone to fantasy and escapism. WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG?

• edited 2012-03-28 14:42:55

^
  • I wish I could go back in time and slap myself.
    Seems legit.
  • edited 2012-03-28 14:50:07
    BEEFCAKE
    ^^^ See, racism is funny.

RED by Feng Shui's standards.  Although it reminds me of the zodiac.  You know, how like EVERYONE IS EVERYTHING because it's so damned broad.

I personally think I'm an earthy green but I'd like to be a plum purple.

And whenever we play games I'm orange, not out of choice but because my husband is - enemies are opponents are racist. Which I guess is funny.
  • edited 2012-03-28 14:51:20

^^I think not suggesting people who like white have cancer. Just that if you HAVE cancer, you should concentrate on white to help fight it. 

I'm sure they figured this out using completely legitimate scientific research.

Holy crap, a wild Friday appears...I thought Lain was suppose to keep you too busy to monitor my shenanigans here!

Why am I even buying food for that baby if she's going to fail me like this.

"And whenever we play games I'm orange, not out of choice but because my husband is - enemies areopponents are racist. Which I guess is funny."

To be fair, it's mostly just Settlers of Catan, and you're only Orange because I ALWAYS grab blue, Rott is always white because he's the whitest person we know, and you never seem to care enough about red to fight whomever the other players is.

QUADRUPLE POST! 

My favorite colors are "Blue" and "Black". I decided this before I knew I was a water. 
  • NO MORE POSTS.  YOU'RE HACKING AWAY AT MY WILL TO LIVE.  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo!

THAT MEANS MY PLAN IS WORKING! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • The colors I'm doing in my decor8ing are (primarily) 8lue and 8rown. So, relax8ion and sta8ility.

Fits pretty well I think.