What MtG Color/s Are You?

13»

Comments

• Yes.

This is why they stopped printing it.
  • Yes.

Which?  Damnation or Protection From Everything?
  • the latter. Damnation got reprinted just this year.
  • Viani said:

I remember when Progenitus came out, everyone was trying to decide what "protection from everything" meant. Like what game rules did it obey, what it didn't, it was a fun mess.

I mean it's straightforward if you properly understand protection. The mnemonic was DEBT: damage, enchant/equip, block, target. Those are the things that protection stops. So protection from everything just means that it can't be damaged, enchanted/equipped, blocked, or targeted by anything.

Of course, most people don't properly understand protection and it has also been mostly phased out, for that reason.
    I thought they phased it out because they only wanted 1 creature with Protection from everything?

Also the Eldrazi with protection from all colors.

• Yes.

Which?  Damnation or Protection From Everything?
    Protection in general.
    Viani said:

Viani said:

I remember when Progenitus came out, everyone was trying to decide what "protection from everything" meant. Like what game rules did it obey, what it didn't, it was a fun mess.

I mean it's straightforward if you properly understand protection. The mnemonic was DEBT: damage, enchant/equip, block, target. Those are the things that protection stops. So protection from everything just means that it can't be damaged, enchanted/equipped, blocked, or targeted by anything.

Of course, most people don't properly understand protection and it has also been mostly phased out, for that reason.
    I thought they phased it out because they only wanted 1 creature with Protection from everything?

Also the Eldrazi with protection from all colors.
    Progenitus is the only one with protection from everything, but there's been a grand total of one creature printed with protection from anything in the last year and a half.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Protection prevents targeting, damage, blocking, and equipping, not destruction.
  • edited 2017-08-14 04:23:18
    reinstituting mana burn and causing all mana-producing effects to produce an additional half-mana when tapped

also granting protection from pink and from opponent player's eye color
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Protection

From
    EVERY
    EVERYT
    EVERYTH
    EVERYTHI
    EVERYTHIN
    EVERYTHING
  • edited 2017-08-23 02:33:28
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    You wanna make Mindwhip Sliver force me to discard Progenitus?  Too bad, Progenitus has Protection from the discard pile.

You wanna make Progenitus impossible to regenerate with your Wrath of God?  TOO BAD.  Progenitus has Protection from Being Impossible To Regenerate.

You wanna cry and say that I don't have enough mana to play Progenitus?  TWO BAGS.  Progenitus has protection from numeric inequalities.

Oh, I gotta tap Progenitus?  Not today, bucketheads.  Progenitus has protection from ninety-degree turns.

Oh, it's your turn?  I think you know where this is going.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)

Everything means 
    EVERYTHING
    VERYTHINGE
    ERYTHINGEV
    RYTHINGEVE
    YTHINGEVER
    THINGEVERY
    HINGEVERYT
    INGEVERYTH
    NGEVERYTHI
    GEVERYTHIN
  • damage on the stack
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    brass-talon-chimera-21536-medium.jpgbrass-talon-chimera-21536-medium.jpgbrass-talon-chimera-21536-medium.jpgbrass-talon-chimera-21536-medium.jpg
  • Aliroz said:

You wanna make Mindwhip Sliver force me to discard Progenitus?  Too bad, Progenitus has Protection from the discard pile.

You wanna make Progenitus impossible to regenerate with your Wrath of God?  TOO BAD.  Progenitus has Protection from Being Impossible To Regenerate.

You wanna cry and say that I don't have enough mana to play Progenitus?  TWO BAGS.  Progenitus has protection from numeric inequalities.

Oh, I gotta tap Progenitus?  Not today, bucketheads.  Progenitus has protection from ninety-degree turns.

Oh, it's your turn?  I think you know where this is going.
    Does he have protection from

himself???
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Dennis: Black/Blue

Dee:Black/White

Mac: White/Red

Charlie: Black/Green

Frank: mono-Black
  • Aliroz said:

Everything means 
    EVERYTHING
    VERYTHINGE