Do you usually keep your hotel keycards?

edited 2017-07-14 01:25:18 in General
Well, do you?

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    never have
  • I accidentally steal them sometimes but I never mean to do it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I keep mine and put them in scrapbooks. I've yet to encounter a hotel that's actually asked for them back.
  • i used to but i don't anymore mostly so that they can reuse them.
  • Tre said:

I accidentally steal them sometimes but I never mean to do it

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I accidentally brought a pair home once

Centie and I split ours from her last visit here
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    It helps that they were probably defective
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

i used to but i don't anymore mostly so that they can reuse them.

I'm 100% sure all of them go in the trash.

Like, if you look at your keys when you check in, you'll notice they're almost always smooth. If they were reused, they'd have marks from being swiped in the mechanism previously.
  • kill living beings
    they still reuse them a couple times, they just replace them fairly quickly cos it's cheap material.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

i used to but i don't anymore mostly so that they can reuse them.

I'm 100% sure all of them go in the trash.

Like, if you look at your keys when you check in, you'll notice they're almost always smooth. If they were reused, they'd have marks from being swiped in the mechanism previously.
    But the ones I've seen in Saint George are rough and have marks.  I always wondered why that was.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    No but I did recently accidentally steal a parking pass
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I like keeping them. Although I usually end up misplacing them... making a scrapbook of them actually sounds pretty fun. I might steal that idea. 

I like keeping them. Although I usually end up misplacing them... making a scrapbook of them actually sounds pretty fun. I might steal that idea. 

OK THANK YOU.

I knew I couldn't be the only one who likes having them as little souvenirs.

And, again, I've never had a hotel ask for them back, so...
  • edited 2017-07-14 05:24:23

OK THANK YOU.

they are pretty nice souvenirs, though more often than not they just contain ads for the local pizza place

they DO make good generic cards though, not for their magnetic strips but for being able to force things open

(well i guess you could also use their magnetic strips for fun purposes)
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Nowadays they're likely to be RFID chips
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god

OK THANK YOU.

I sorta like keeping used gift cards sometimes, too? I'm not really sure why; I just like them ^_^;

I actually have a super old Blockbuster gift card around here someplace!
    I KEEP USED GIFT CARDS TOO
  • vtkvtk
    embrace the confusion
    On my computer desk I have a keycard from the tiny motel in Coldwater where I slept while Ed was visiting his dad in the hospital winter before last. We forgot to return it. It has an ad for a pizza place on it.

I was in that hotel room for like 26 hours, and naked for most of that time.
  • kill living beings
    they can change the door code, yeah, and i assume they do at checkout
    I've actually encountered the keycards being deactivated before checkout on some occasions. Anonus and I had to deal with that once when we got locked out 15 minutes before the checkout time with half our stuff still in the room.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    No. Forgetful.