Comments

• because complaining about candy crush and kardashians is literally the most boring thing a human being can do
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Okay but like

why be mad

it's just a middle aged dude complaining
  • you know on one hand you're right it's not work getting angry mad over

but it is absolutely like, the most calculatedly eyeroll and UGGGHHH post imaginable
    This might be related to my belief that people make fun of vegans and vegetarians because they're secretly scared they're right
  • I'm not even really seeing angrymad there

I mean I guess I can agree that the original post is not really worth making a snarky tweet about

but neither is the snarky tweet particularly worth making a snarky forum thread about
    Am I snarking?

Mostly I am just confused
  • Well okay maybe that wasn't really fair.

I guess I just feel like
    a) boring dudes making boring posts about kardashians is very unremarkable, but also
    b) people on twitter snarking about boring dudes' boring posts is also fairly unremarkable.

Presumably what happened is that the Twitter Person in question saw that post, thought it was dumb, and wrote a tweet owning it because that is what one does in 2017.

• Odradek said:

This might be related to my belief that people make fun of vegans and vegetarians because they're secretly scared they're right

mostly i think they make fun of them because they can be tedious and preachy
    I have not like, actually encountered that

I have mostly encountered people being weirdly threatened by the existence of them
  • i have encountered preachy vegans, only because of my sister

apparently they're a big thing in places like beauty forums and instagram and stuff, which is where my sister hangs out on the webs
  • It is primarily funny because it's Moby if I had to guess
  • tangentially, Moby is vegan iirc
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

The Innuendo Studios guy actually made that exact point in a video about Gators and other pointlessly angry internet people.
  • i'm going to be really annoyed when my kids start using the internet in mainstream ways
  • Tamlin said:

i have encountered preachy vegans, only because of my sister

apparently they're a big thing in places like beauty forums and instagram and stuff, which is where my sister hangs out on the webs