On the subject of Halo 4...

edited 2012-03-21 17:46:37 in General Media
First order of business, who do *you* think will be the "ancient evil" that MC has to face off against in this new trilogy? My money is on either (a) the Precursors or (b) Faber, the (former) Forerunner Master Builder. Y'know, the asshole who "sterilized" the Prophets' homeworld in retaliation of the latter's short-lived uprising? Ya, if not the Precursors, then the most likely candidate is definitely him IMO.
Tagged:

Comments

• Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Precursors, definitely. Or Forerunners. Whatever they're called now. Though I'm kinda hoping it's something new.
  • You do realize that the Precursors and Forerunners are two separate things, right?
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    I've never liked Halo's story enough to care. What are the Precursors, then?
  • edited 2012-03-23 22:35:57
    Simply put, they're the civilization responsible for the Forerunners.

Apparently, after... doing something to cause them to come into being as a culture, the Forerunners were the Precursors' thralls or clients or something for a while, until they eventually revolted because of this "Mantle" religion philosophy that told them that the Precursors were sinning against nature by interfering with the evolution of lesser species and whatever.

They also were apparently responsible for the creation of the Flood, as well (as a final "Screw you!" to the Forerunners after losing the war with them).