BORUTO, SON OF NARUTO

Comments

• this made me laugh so hard i had a violent coughing fit
  • I'm surprised you didn't know about this.
  • i stumbled across this today and lost my goddamn fucking mind

B O R U T O
  • 🅱ORUTO

🅱ORUTO

🅱OLIEVE IT

ON 🅱OHALF OF MY 🅱INJA CLAN

🅱INJA CLAN, HERE WE STAND
  • kill living beings
    naruto is like "what if this orphan everyone picks on can work hard and get to the top"

and i guess this is like "what if he succeeded and then had a kid and therefore that kid was a noble brat"

just like what a turnaround, man
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Chevy Boruto
  • edited 2017-06-10 03:49:04
    Tamlin said:

🅱INJA

BNinja

*robe and wizard hat appear*
    *rhinocerous transmutation*
  • naruto is like "what if this orphan everyone picks on can work hard and get to the top"

and i guess this is like "what if he succeeded and then had a kid and therefore that kid was a noble brat"

An orphan of the last guy on top, with a giant source of magic power sealed inside him AND unique ancestry...
    Calica said:

Chevy Boruto

i can't believe boruto's name is apparently after a bolt like nuts-and-bolts rather than like lightning bolt though
  • oh christ is this real

i thought it was unusually skilled but laughably misaimed fanart
  • kill living beings
    Alduin said:

naruto is like "what if this orphan everyone picks on can work hard and get to the top"

An orphan of the last guy on top, with a giant source of magic power sealed inside him AND unique ancestry...
    I know but still
  • yeah it was hard to miss, my twitter timeline was 100% bort jokes when it was first announced
  • kill living beings
    checking the wiki, his companions there are (a) a girl, didn't see that, and (b) a robot clone of the villain from early naruto

cool i guess
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-06-10 14:11:40
    Can we please just this once let a terrible localizer completely change his name for no reason?  Because for once, it wouldn't be for no reason.

Like Steve.  Steve, son of Naruto.  That already sounds like a mildly less idiotic fanfic.
  • BEE. YOU DUNCE. YOU UTTER FOOL. HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT BORUTO, SON OF NARUTO
  • Walks into a chipotle I would like ummmmmmmm.......... a carnitas boruto
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-06-10 14:19:35
    I mean I respect that Japanese writers aren't really beholden to write with Western audiences and euphonics in mind, nor am I really beholden to give a shit about Naruto.  But...Jesus this does not translate well.  XD
  • Tamlin said:

Walks into a chipotle I would like ummmmmmmm.......... a carnitas boruto

That's why it's hilarious!  I was trying to put my finger on exactly why, but that totally explains it!
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Does Boruto also have a fox inside him?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

Does Boruto also have a fox inside him?

No, but.
    So we're full Dragon Ball then, awesome.
  • Alduin said:

I know but still

My point is Naruto is dumb
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I mean, it has a leg up on Bleach in not being a well of crushed dreams and dispirited contrivances for its creator.
  • What's this about Bleach? I thought it was just badly written.
    Basically, Tite Kubo's publisher made him drag the story out much, much longer than he had ever intended it to run, and it ruined his health.
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-06-11 02:25:51

a robot clone

how

these

these words do not go together that way and mean anything, they are mutually exclusive concepts

Basically, Tite Kubo's publisher made him drag the story out much, much longer than he had ever intended it to run, and it ruined his health.

Did they make him add Soul Society, or was that something else?

I think whatever potential the manga had disappeared once that became the main part of the story.
  • Basically, Tite Kubo's publisher made him drag the story out much, much longer than he had ever intended it to run, and it ruined his health.

Same thing happened with Togashi and YYH.

Did they make him add Soul Society, or was that something else?

I think whatever potential the manga had disappeared once that became the main part of the story.
    You can tell the point at which Kubo's heart was no longer in it when the art begins to fall off hard. From what I can tell, he didn't really have any sort of plan after Soul Society, but it's not until later that he started treating it like a chore.

I saw a rather interesting video on it a while back that I'll have to dig up.
    Alduin said:

Same thing happened with Togashi and YYH.
    Oh dear god, yes.
    Makes me think of SuperEyepatchWolf's "Fall of Bleach" video that I still haven't finished yet.
    Crystal said:

Makes me think of SuperEyepatchWolf's "Fall of Bleach" video that I still haven't finished yet.

That one! It is good.
    He's one of the few I actually, consistently like, and that video's been on the docket criticism-wise, but... you know. You knowwww.
    He also seems like a genuinely nice human being. Nice boys are good.
    Nod nod!
  • kill living beings
    Bee said:

a robot clone

how

these

these words do not go together that way and mean anything, they are mutually exclusive concepts
    i'm moving fast.

fast going
    Crystal said:

I think that I actually want to watch that video. >_>
    I like SEW's work.
    Bee said:

a robot clone

how

these

klino is an old-school rossum's universal robots fan
  • kill living beings
    yes

but i just put words together

he's not made of metal or nuthin
  • He's a magic-tree-clone-thing.