re:Creators Groupwatch but now the Groupwatch is always

edited 2017-06-07 20:54:09 in General Media
Hello heapers, TRIGGERcorders, twitterfolk, and people from wherever the fuck else I'm gonna link this. So if you're here you're probably asking several questions, which I will now answer:

WHAT?

re:Creators (which I am fairly certain is pronounced "regarding creators" but I honestly don't know for sure) is an anime. Specifically it's a reverse-isekai anime. Isekai are about real people being trapped in fictional worlds, rC is about the inverse, fictional characters becoming trapped in what is ostensibly the "real world". It is before I go any further that I'll note that the show was explicitly inspired by failed Arnold Schwarzenegger film The Last Action Hero and if you don't think that's incredible and hilarious you may be in the wrong place.

rC is--and I don't like using the term because it's overused, but it's true here--a deconstruction, more specifically, a pick-apart of various anime character archetypes and what makes them tick, and how they'd act in a more realistic setting. I worry that that makes it sound dry, which is definitely not. The action in rC is amazing, the animation, cinematography, and the sound design (good fucking lord the sound design) are incredible, but it has a softer, more contemplative side too, and the entire thing is very meta, even sometimes poking holes in itself. It is, by turns, incredibly intense, and surprisingly thought-provoking.

WHY?

Because the show is amazing and I want more people to watch it.

It's not perfect of course but nothing is.

HOW?

We'll probably be streaming the first 8 episodes. I know that seems like a weird endpoint but in addition to being the most recent, a certain story development at the end of episode 8 makes me think that it's the perfect place to cut such a thing. There will eventually be 22 episodes, but the show is still airing. We'll be streaming twice, in two two-hour blocks.

WHEN?

That's up to you! I'd like to get it on the road as soon as possible. You should paint all available times and days here (note that we're referring to STARTING hours here. So only paint, say, 8pm if you'll be available from 8-10pm. All times EST.) I personally am available almost every night of the week, so it shouldn't be an issue for me.

WHERE?

On rabb.it, a video re-streaming site with a built-in chat room. Specifically, my rabb.it channel. I urge you to sign up, it's quick and makes you more identifiable in chat.

Comments