Do your credit/debit cards have your middle name on them?

Both my Visa cards and my American Express do. My MasterCard doesn't.

I wonder why.

Comments

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Only the initial. Also only the initial of my first name.
  • Middle initial for meeeeeee.
  • No middle name on mine. I pretty much never use my middle name anyway, though my government-issued cards have it (or the initial). Maybe my bank doesn't even know it.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    initial
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Oddly enough, the only thing I've got with my middle initial instead of my middle name is...my university ID.
    Now here's a thing: having some sort of honorific (i.e. Mr., Mrs., etc.) on your card. I had a customer whose credit card said MISS [name redacted]. Miss? You have to have that on there? Seems weirdly pretentious, unless her first name actually is Miss, in which case I apologize.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Reminds me of the time Ashens used his credit card for a size comparison on camera, carefully covering the numbers

His name was written "DR STUART ASHEN"
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I've never seen a debit/credit card without a title on, so.

I've never seen a debit/credit card without a title on, so.

Maybe it's a regional thing

Because most Americans, as far as I know, don't have titles on their credit or debit cards
    I believe I've only seen it the one time.
  • I go by my middle name but none of my cards have it on them
    "MX. HEX R. TESS"
  • i at first read that as "mexico" as if "mexico" were a title

and then i suddenly realized, "mexico" should be a title because :D