Windows 10 Creators Update replaced "Open command window here" with "Open PowerShell window here"

I don't know PowerShell and I have no desire to learn. I just want to open a cmd.exe window on demand, dammit. 😠

Comments

• kill living beings
    everything i've heard about powershell is positive.
  • it increases your defense by 3 stages, I think.
  • As far as I recall the difference is pretty small between them for basic stuff.

Doesn't windows also come with bash these days??
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Same, but I'm talking like I just want to run some basic command or program.

As far as I recall the difference is pretty small between them for basic stuff.

Doesn't windows also come with bash these days??

It does--specifically the Ubuntu version--but it's not enabled by default unless you go and set up the "developer options"
  • kill living beings

Same, but I'm talking like I just want to run some basic command or program.
    doesn't seem bad?
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Hmm. I'll give it a try next time I need to do something like that.
  • kill living beings
    i mean, it's a shell. if calling a program is much more complicated than typing the name and hitting enter you ask for your money back.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    when's the last time an individual paid specifically for a command shell
  • I love the PowerShell.

It's so bad.
  • Calica said:

when's the last time an individual paid specifically for a command shell

are you saying you don't have to insert a quarter into your unix to make zsh start up