Which of these traffic signal configurations is most common where you live?

Comments

• kill living beings
    mast arm. i think of hanging on lines as an east coast thing, which is probably not accurate.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    it used to be one of the first two, though VDOT has been steadily converting things to mast arms wherever possible since at least the 1990s.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    number 3, I think? Although I never really paid attention to it
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Mast arm here in SA, I'm pretty sure.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Mast arm, although when you get into Philly the box span is way more common.
  • I've never seen the first one in my life. I think it's pretty much exclusively the third one hereabouts.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I have definitely seen the diagonal span but it's quite rare and I've mostly seen it in really old areas, like out in the residential district near Penn's Landing.
  • amazingly, this is something i haven't paid attention to yet with regards to frequency, but i've definitely seen all three styles before
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The diagonal span is fairly common in Ohio, albeit usually in rural areas or small communities.

• what im learning here is that apparently in other places in the world people love hanging large heavy objects on strings above where their cars go? terrifying
  • BeeBee
    edited 2017-04-21 03:24:52
    Mast arm in the sensible places that finally figured out heavy winds are a thing in the valley.  I don't think I've seen diagonal since I was little.

Wait, there's one weirdass K-intersection back home that has sort of a triangle of lights strung up...somehow.
  • https://www.google.com/maps/@43.2131977,-123.3434365,3a,75y,53.81h,83.48t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGLzZm9ij6lTkc9k3RbyL9Q!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1

Looks like they've simplified it since I lived there.  I think it used to be a 4-way, but now it's just an oddly-angled T.
  • The diagonal span is fairly common in Ohio, albeit usually in rural areas or small communities.

Actually looking at those pictures I feel like I actually have seen such a thing and maybe just not noticed the diagonal-ness. It's definitely not common in places I've been, though.