Are there any good U.S. theme parks that aren't owned by Disney, Universal, or Cedar Fair?

I ask because Elitch Gardens is boring, yet it seems to be regarded as A Local Institution

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    A lot of them are small, locally-scoped places like Camden Park in Huntington, WV, but there are bigger ones (Hersheypark in Hershey, PA comes to mind).
  • Busch Gardens Williamsburg was pretty fun from my memory.
  • Oh yeah I forgot about SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

What's Camden Park like? I wonder if @Odradek likes Hersheypark
  • “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    The only two theme parks I've been to are Kings Island, which I visited both under Viacom and under Cedar Fair, and Geauga Lake, which I visited back when it was Six Flags Worlds of Adventure. Cedar Fair bought the latter the following year and as far as I know it's been abandoned since 2007.
  • I think Meijer is trying to buy the land from Cedar Fair
  • Is Dollywood owned by Cedar Fair?
  • “And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” – Roald Dahl
    I admit there's something sad about seeing an amusement park that operated for 120 years being torn down to make way for a big-box store.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Anonus said:

Oh yeah I forgot about SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment

What's Camden Park like? I wonder if @Odradek likes Hersheypark
    I haven't been there in years, but I remember it being fun when I was little. It's small, so it might be a bit underwhelming for people used to bigger parks.
  • she sounds like smoke and honey. we cannot move. it's too beautiful
    Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk ;P
  • Lagoon.
  • Whate'er is born of mortal birth/Must be consumèd with the earth,
    To rise from generation free:/Then what have I to do with thee?
    Hershey is fine, but Kennywood is better
  • as long as you live, tomorrow will come
    is it true that you can pay for parking at kennywood and it's $5 for the whole day
    I do not know, because it has been a while
  • I remember going to Kennywood a few years ago but forgot that it was in Pennsylvania. I had just figured it was in Colorado because those are the two states I visit most often and stuff gets mixed up sometimes.

It was indeed like five dollars. The place was terrifying and I was certain I was about to die like at least eight times. I really wanna go back.
  • as long as you live, tomorrow will come
    Hexartes said:

I remember going to Kennywood a few years ago but forgot that it was in Pennsylvania. I had just figured it was in Colorado because those are the two states I visit most often and stuff gets mixed up sometimes.

It was indeed like five dollars. The place was terrifying and I was certain I was about to die like at least eight times. I really wanna go back.

can you make this a yelp review of them please? Five stars obviously.
    Hexartes said:

I remember going to Kennywood a few years ago but forgot that it was in Pennsylvania. I had just figured it was in Colorado because those are the two states I visit most often and stuff gets mixed up sometimes.

I want to go back, because they changed the Noah's Ark ride so that you have to go through the mouth of a giant whale to get in
    Odradek said:

Hexartes said:

I want to go back, because they changed the Noah's Ark ride so that you have to go through the mouth of a giant whale to get in
    Doesn't that make it more of a Jonah ride?
  • I haven't been to Kennywood in probably about 15 years or longer

I guess it still exists
    It does

Did u kno that Old Kennywood is built to resemble the long-gone Pittsburgh Luna Park?
  • I did not kno
  • There's always Enchanted Forest around here, but it's definitely on the low end of things.
  • edited 2017-04-19 21:16:12
    Thou shalt not be afraid; I am with you.
    > who owns Kings Island?
    > Cedar Fair

> okay, who owns Six Flags
    > Six Flags
    > oh okay

Six Flags
  • Jane said:

Hexartes said:

can you make this a yelp review of them please? Five stars obviously.
    I will have to get my computer fixed first because my phone doesn't hae enough room for anything right now but yes this is hilarious