• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    naney needs to get pregnanter
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tamlin said:

sredni pls help me get more attention if u know what I mean

0/////0
  • Tamlin said:

Alduin said:

Nietzsche whined extensively about being dumped by some chick in his diary this one time.

my philosophy professor actually claimed that if most of the great writers and thinkers of the time had a normal sex life, they never would have written.

Of course he claims that sex is the death of all cognitive thought and what not, and I think I believe him. People with a regular sex life tend to be very stupid. 
  • kill living beings
    oh yeah, explain peter abelard
    Not sure if it counts if you're French. Getting some on the regular is the Gallic baseline.
  • edited 2017-04-18 21:21:52
    fight. dream. horse. love.
    Héloïse d'Argenteuil lived within the precincts of Notre-Dame, under the care of her uncle, the secular canon Fulbert. She was remarkable for her knowledge of classical letters, which extended beyond Latin to Greek and Hebrew. Abelard sought a place in Fulbert's house and, in 1115 or 1116, began an affair with Héloïse. The affair interfered with his career, and Abelard himself boasted of his conquest. Once Fulbert found out, he separated them, but they continued to meet in secret. Héloïse became pregnant and was sent by Abelard to be looked after by his family in Brittany, where she gave birth to a son whom she named Astrolabe after the scientific instrument.[3][4][b]

To appease Fulbert, Abelard proposed a secret marriage so as not to mar his career prospects. Héloïse initially opposed it, but the couple were married. When Fulbert publicly disclosed the marriage, and Héloïse denied it, Abelard sent Héloïse to the convent at Argenteuil, where she had been brought up, in order to protect her from her uncle. Héloïse dressed as a nun and shared the nun's life, though she was not veiled.

Fulbert, most probably believing that Abelard wanted to be rid of Héloïse by forcing her to become a nun, arranged for a band of men to break into Abelard's room one night and castrate him. In reaction, Abelard decided to become a monk at the monastery of St Denis, near Paris.[3] Before doing so he insisted that Héloïse take vows as a nun. Héloïse sent letters to Abelard, questioning why she must submit to a religious life for which she had no calling.
    ...what about him
  • kill living beings
    i mean, i figure he had a reasonably normal sex life before the cockchop.
    Maybe the key isn't "not having sex," but "not having a 'normal' sex life." Which is entirely different. I know Rousseau was super into being disciplined by women.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    What if all French people at that time were as perverted as Rousseau and De Sade, they just kept quiet about it
    De Sade wasn't actually half as much of a scumbag as folks make him out to be, although he did provoke the storming of the Bastille.

Rétif de la Bretonne was a foot fetishist, so kink wasn't uncommon in those circles.
    There's this one bit in 120 Days of Sodom where a character stops to address everyone in the room to talk about how really, the role of women in contemporary society is due to social pressures and tradition and not innate weakness, and how what he really respects is women who do not bow to society's norms that women must be weak and delicate.

And then I think he helps a prostitute and a bishop bang a 14 year old boy while they eat poop? Because it's 120 Days of Sodom
    One could argue that a big part of why de Sade's work was so disgusting is that he was satirising the hypocritical sanctimony of powerful people who claim to derive their authority from God and then do horrible depraved things to people under their control, whether in terms of sexual or structural violence.

He was also an omnisexual rake who loved whips and bondage and once made himself, his manservant and two prostitutes violently ill with a miscalculated dose of Spanish fly, resulting in a poisoning prosecution. So it was probably also wank material. But credit where credit is due.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tamlin said:

120 Days of Blueblood

no why was this ponified

why
    Tamlin said:

even i have standards

really

• (spoiler: I don't actually have standards)
  • Tamlin said:

"average neuroses" is a concept I'm skeptical of

can you seriously tell me with a straight face that the average person is not deeply neurotic

I've been thinking about this and...yeah, this is true.

A lot of things that allow "normal" people to act how they act are rooted in levels of denial.
  • Tamlin said:

also it has given me a good grasp of the subtle and crucial distinction between being a good person and being a person with good intentions

This is, truly, the one lesson that we have learned from our childhood.
  • Tamlin said:

i mean

im sorry if this is Insight Wanky but like

people have entire systems of belief, ways to explain everything that happens in the entire universe, all set up so everything revolves around "this is what happens to you, yes, you, after you die" and beyond that, everything is structured in this exact same way, like, everyone is just obsessed with this end-ness. we are living in an almost entirely unquestioned species-wide death cult.

Yeah this is true too. It's weird to me how many people concern themselves with their own death.
  • kill living beings
    to be fair, have you ever seen something die? it's pretty fucked up

i consider myself extremely materialistic but i still can't totally reconcile laughing talking people being full of ligaments
    Alduin said:

Tamlin said:

i mean

im sorry if this is Insight Wanky but like

people have entire systems of belief, ways to explain everything that happens in the entire universe, all set up so everything revolves around "this is what happens to you, yes, you, after you die" and beyond that, everything is structured in this exact same way, like, everyone is just obsessed with this end-ness. we are living in an almost entirely unquestioned species-wide death cult.

Yeah this is true too. It's weird to me how many people concern themselves with their own death.
    Yeah they're all like this

• kill living beings
    and that someone

is the grim reaper
  • to be fair, have you ever seen something die? it's pretty fucked up

I actually have.
  • kill living beings
    well

yeah

i was being kind of ironic there, most people have seen animals crushed by cars and such
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    death seems like a fairly serious issue to me