The Hearst Corporation

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The Hearst Corporation sounds like the name of a newspaper publisher
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I mean, it was. William Randolph Hearst all but invented the modern tabloid. He was the Rupert Murdoch of his age, but even worse.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I mean, it was. William Randolph Hearst all but invented the modern tabloid. He was the Rupert Murdoch of his age, but even worse.

do you think he is deserving of that music
    I didn't listen to it.

Do you know much about Hearst? The guy I mean. Because I know you have an interest in corporate and media conglomerate history, and he and Pulitzer were hugely important to both.

I didn't listen to it.

You should

Do you know much about Hearst? The guy I mean. Because I know you have an interest in corporate and media conglomerate history, and he and Pulitzer were hugely important to both.

He was totally not the basis for Charles Foster Kane

He had a feud with Pulitzer (which, much later, took an ironic turn)
    There were rumours that he had people offed. The fact that they weren't implausible says something.
    examples?
  • edited 2017-03-26 23:55:36
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I can't remember off the top of my head. Just read the Wikipedia article on him. The man was a psychopath.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    tronc
    Calica said:

tronc

TEGNA
  • edited 2017-03-27 09:50:48
    Guy also started the Spanish-American war, which fucked up my country. It's good to see that his countrymen hate him as much as I do.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The movie based on his life is Trump's favorite movie
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Somewhat apropos to this, my mom hates Citizen Kane with a passion.
  • I love Citizen Kane.

That Trump also likes it tells me he doesn't really understand the movie very well.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Trump doesn't seem to understand anything very well.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Jane said:

I love Citizen Kane.

That Trump also likes it tells me he doesn't really understand the movie very well.
    Someone asked him what advice he'd give Kane and he said "I'd tell him to find a better woman"

He really does not get it at all
  • hahahahahaha

ah

this man is our president

I want to leave this planet.