RIP Western Civilization, 500 BC - 2017 AD, killed by Surdyk's Liquor and Cheese Shop

It was doing so well, but then this IDIOT had to go BREAKING THE LAW and now we're fucked

http://www.startribune.com/lee-schafer-surdyk-s-stunt-latest-assault-on-rule-of-law/416458743/

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    unforgiveable
  • kill living beings
    that is impressively chill-free
  • edited 2017-03-19 05:32:47
    > RIP Western Civilization, 500 BC - 2017 AD, killed by Surdyk's Liquor and Cheese Shop

Not quite accurate.

Fixed version:

> RIP Western Civilization, 500 BC - 2017 AD, killed by Surdyk's Liquor and Cheese Shop, with an assist from modern politics and Donald Trump

I mean, to be fair to the guy, his point is analogous to having a teammate deal most of the damage and then a different teammate get the final blow, like having a heavy pump the enemy soldier full of lead before having a scout tap him with his bat
  • it's the hottest take ive seen in my entire life

the most irate of the twitteratti are utterly eclipsed
  • > RIP Western Civilization, 500 BC - 2017 AD, killed by Surdyk's Liquor and Cheese Shop

Not quite accurate.

Fixed version:

> RIP Western Civilization, 500 BC - 2017 AD, killed by Surdyk's Liquor and Cheese Shop, with an assist from modern politics and Donald Trump

sounds like you need some wumblewuzz in your life, my friend
  • Glenn, why do you hone your Clippy the Office Assistant impersonation in my thread, which is a good thread where i show people this very funny thing
  • kill living beings
    i mean i expected it would be like, the store got out of it because it wasn't a huge deal, and that erodes trust in the law etc

but no they got fined and there's nothing about them not complying with the fine. the system is functioning as it always has
  • edited 2017-03-19 05:34:39
    Tamlin said:

Glenn, why do you hone your Clippy the Office Assistant impersonation in my thread, which is a good thread where i show people this very funny thing

honestly i thought your framing was funnier than the article

as in the article itself wasn't very funny but the way you framed it succeeded in making it funny and i actually did lol as a result
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    See, the difference between a cheeky act of civil disobedience that is also a marketing gimmick is so far removed from the failure to recognise rule of law on the government level that this article winds up buying into exactly the sort of authoritarian "do as I say" logic that it is ostensibly opposing and manages to massively insult the intelligence of its audience along the way.
  • i mean i expected it would be like, the store got out of it because it wasn't a huge deal, and that erodes trust in the law etc

but no they got fined and there's nothing about them not complying with the fine. the system is functioning as it always has

THAT'S NOT THE POINT, YOU RUBE

(*gesticulating frantically*) THE GREEKS! TAXES! WANTON DISRESPECT! THE LICENSE MANAGER HIMSELF SHOWED UP AND HE DIDN'T STOP!!!
  • *plays Store Manager and saddles everyone with his hyper card that is useless to everyone except himself*
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    It's weird because this guy seems pretty sober and sane and genuinely concerned with issues like financial regulation if his Twitter is anything to go by. It's just that this editorial is utterly absurd.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    BREAKING THE LAW, BREAKING THE LAW

*guitar riff*
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    you know what actually did great damage to respect for rule of law in america? prohibition
  • It's weird because this guy seems pretty sober and sane and genuinely concerned with issues like financial regulation if his Twitter is anything to go by. It's just that this editorial is utterly absurd.

it's probably one of those situations where someone who usually presents themself as level-headed is actually having a rare instance of exhibiting their rant pad to the public